Color Photo Printer for Mac/PC

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Im in the market for a new color printer. I am replacing my incredibly-expensive-to-run Epson C40UX which I mostly used for invoices.

The Epson printed photo quality for 4x6 prints but after that it gets a little dicey. Oh yeah, and it costs a mint to keep this thing full of ink b/c of its TINY ink cartridges.

Any suggestions, my price range is around $300CAN (or ~$200US).

- OSX support is mandatory, I rebuilt my iBook and punted 9.2 to get some more space on the HD.

- Ideally it would work with a PC (98/2000) as well, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I would appreciate any real world usage reports, approximate ink cartridge prices, or whatever you may have to offer.

Thanks in advance y'all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I've had great luck with HP's printers (I had an epson color something 800 before, which pales compared to my HP 950C - the epson broke down)... good picture quality, good compatibility in OS X and PCs, ink tanks are much larger than epson's, and mechanically it works better than the epsons... more compact too...

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: chych ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by chych:

<strong>I've had great luck with HP's printers (I had an epson color something 800 before, which pales compared to my HP 950C - the epson broke down)... good picture quality, good compatibility in OS X and PCs, ink tanks are much larger than epson's, and mechanically it works better than the epsons... more compact too...

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: chych ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Chych... I'll look into the HP's.

No other takers? Mods you can close up this dry hole.