ENOUGH Already!!!! -- Get rid of that FREAKING Errorsafe ad!!!!

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hey, mods, you've got to send complaints to the admin every day until this bullshit is fixed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Adblock.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    Try Saft (if you use Safari) - I don't even know what Ad you're talking about
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Hey, mods, you've got to send complaints to the admin every day until this bullshit is fixed.

Eh...Is it just me or should this be in Feedback?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    No need to apologizes. It is the most vile, disgusting pile of shit. Please make it stop.

Those flashing sick windows colors. i am going to be sick.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    rtdunhamrtdunham Posts: 428member
    i hadn't seen this thread, but posted spontaneoiusly today in a comment on the forum where the ad offended me. I was told to take that obseration to the alppropriate subforum. Is this the place?

What i don't understand is, the moderator's reply said everyone connected with the site is aware of how hated the ads are.

what i don't understand is, who's accountable? who DO we complain to? who makes the decision to accept such an ad? or do we just quietly drift off to other sites that show a little respect for their users?

(my background's print publishing, and the logic's the same: if the ad drives away viewers the ad won't be seen and the site won't get money for it, plus the site will lose the revenue from the non-offensive ads too (for the same reason, because the eyes will have vanished). I just don't get it.

terry
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by user23

Try Saft (if you use Safari) - I don't even know what Ad you're talking about

I'm using safari, and believe me, there's an add flashing across multiple forums that's the visual equivalent of being stuck in the eye with an icepick.

So what's Saft? where do i get it? cool that the site admin makes it OUR job to make the site viewable.

thanks

terry
  • Reply 7 of 16
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rtdunham

What i don't understand is, the moderator's reply said everyone connected with the site is aware of how hated the ads are.

what i don't understand is, who's accountable? who DO we complain to? who makes the decision to accept such an ad? or do we just quietly drift off to other sites that show a little respect for their users?

Wouldn't be the first time the owners here have told members to suck it up and take offensive ads.

Also wouldn't be the first time they've lost members over that attitude. \
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Would it be possible to look into using those targeted google text-only ads rather than the conventional banners? Given the nature of these forums, those would seem far more appropriate. Please Kasper?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Would it be possible to look into using those targeted google text-only ads rather than the conventional banners? Given the nature of these forums, those would seem far more appropriate. Please Kasper?

You are going to have to do more sucking up to Kasper than just a simple "please"... He's got an ego that needs to be stroked...
  • Reply 10 of 16
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rtdunham

I'm using safari, and believe me, there's an add flashing across multiple forums that's the visual equivalent of being stuck in the eye with an icepick.

I don't know if we are talking the same on here, but the "Congratulations you are the 1,000,000th visitor" one needs to be stricken with the Admin bat until their hands are numb or I see blood in the CSS code.

What we really need is a reputation point system for ads. Too many negatives by us members, and it is replaced. from what I can tell, we only complain on the REALLY BAD ads and I would remember to dock it points if it bugs me.

Overall, I think a viewer-ad-rating system in all media (Radio, TV, Internet, Billboards, etc.)in real life would solve a LOT of problems with todays media. But then, that is a topic for a whole rant.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Block the monstrosity with a css file as per the instructions here.

Segovius,

I appreciate the how-to.

but wouldn't that block all ads of that variety of dimensions? I run (informative, non-offensive) ads myself on a couple specialty sites, and it's important i see my ads when i visit there, to spot check their appearances. if i'm right about your text file blocking a wide array of ads, is there a way to block only the ads the size of the neon-screaming, eye-piercing ones that prompted this thread? they seem to be an unusually wide & low format so blocking that size wouldn't block many others--or does the solution you proposed work that way?

thanks

terry
  • Reply 12 of 16
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    ^ You can do that on a per-site basis if you use Camino and CamiTools.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

You are going to have to do more sucking up to Kasper than just a simple "please"... He's got an ego that needs to be stroked...

Well, as long as that's the ONLY thing that needs to be stroked.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

^ You can do that on a per-site basis if you use Camino and CamiTools.

I appreciate the information. After reflecting on this a bit, i've realized there are other info/rumor sites and it would be ridiculous for me to go to any considerable effort to facilitate viewing one that shows so little respect for me as a viewer. I'll pop in every couple weeks or so for a while to see if the situation changes. That's the solution for me. I hope everyone finds one suitable to their own thinking.

peace out

terry