Where is my 17" Macbook Pro? EDIT: ITS HERE!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I thought it was coming out today? What's your batting average (that is, what percent of your rumors are actually true?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Wait till the 27th then ask again.
  • Reply 2 of 43
    nar1117nar1117 Posts: 18member
    any reason for the 27th?
  • Reply 3 of 43
    I think he just means that we should wait till the end of the week. It would be preposterous to release something on a Sunday.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    nar1117nar1117 Posts: 18member
    yes i agree, but dont most announcements from apple come on a Tuesday? Thats my prediction.
  • Reply 5 of 43
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Its released. www.apple.com

WOOHOO. First post
  • Reply 6 of 43
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    And its priced cheaper than an equiv specced 15" (at least here in .au) .. me thinx its been priced at the soon to be discounted cpu prices..
  • Reply 7 of 43
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Its released. www.apple.com

WOOHOO. First post

OMG WTF NO PCI SLOT!!!

Radeon x1600 256MB - OMG A DECENT VIDEO CARD

FireWire 800

1680 x 1050 OMFGBBQ!!!!

DL Superdrive OMG!!!
  • Reply 8 of 43
    jms698jms698 Posts: 102member
    I'm wondering what took them so long. This is basically the same computer as the 15.4" in a bigger case. No big deal, really.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

And its priced cheaper than an equiv specced 15" (at least here in .au) .. me thinx its been priced at the soon to be discounted cpu prices..

There are some "I WANT MY MBP15 INCH PIMPED OUT TO THE EXXXTREME, BEOCH"´ers out there who are gettig reeeeeally pissed right now...
  • Reply 10 of 43
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    fsck... I thought I was getting the 15" but now I'm really confused... It seems like... well more bang for the buck...?
  • Reply 11 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

fsck... I thought I was getting the 15" but now I'm really confused... It seems like... well more bang for the buck...?

I´m now officially in the same boat. But 17 inch? I have always seen that as overkill\
  • Reply 12 of 43
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    A couple interesting things on the site:

Quote:

And now hear this: the 17-inch MacBook Pro features double the sound of its PowerBook G4 predecessor.

Quote:

36% brighter display

Quote:

Three 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports

Quote:

up to 5.5 hours of battery life

- Xidius
  • Reply 13 of 43
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jms698

I'm wondering what took them so long. This is basically the same computer as the 15.4" in a bigger case. No big deal, really.

No, but it does include FW 800 (so Apple isn't ready to kill FW800), 8x DVD-R, and a high res 17" screen. But the bigger picture is that Apple is busting out with more and more Intel machines, spurring developers, and putting the heat on others.
  • Reply 14 of 43
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My prediction is that due to customer concerns, the next version of the MBP 15 will have FW800. Public outcry and all.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Not to forget the FW800 port.. and the faster SPEC int & fp scores etc for the same 2.16 cpu as the 15" has..
  • Reply 16 of 43
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

A couple interesting things on the site:

- Xidius

How's that extra battery life possible? Better battery? If so let's put that puppy in the 15in MBP. 5.5 hrs is a very functional battery life IMO. Given the close price between the two I'd almost opt for the 17in just for the extra battery life.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    I'm guessing the battery used in the 17" wouldn't easily fit into the 15" and therefore was not used.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I told you wait to wait for NAB.
  • Reply 19 of 43
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    I owned a MBP 2.16 with the 7200 RPM drive, and 2 gig of ram. The battery life on it was not too bad at around 3.5-4 with the way I ran it. Fortunately returned the unit to the store after it started to have display issues. Since I didn't want to get another goofy one while they worked out the bugs (which I think they have done).

Any way I'm kind of glad I did the new 17" looks to be everything that I was waiting for. Since I use my laptop mostly as a replacement workstation these days. I think the extra battery and display life will be most welcome. When these puppies start shipping in mass I will go pick one up.

Apple seems to be spot on with the goal of getting to Intel by years end. I wonder which will be the last to cross the line.. Xserver?
  • Reply 20 of 43
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

OMG WTF NO PCI SLOT!!!

Radeon x1600 256MB - OMG A DECENT VIDEO CARD

FireWire 800

1680 x 1050 OMFGBBQ!!!!

DL Superdrive OMG!!!

The radeon X1600 256 MB is a nice video card, but you should be aware that it's a downclocked video card. It's possible via windows to upclock it at the normal speed, but when you do this, you encounter heat and noisy fans issue.