$2,799

2,16Ghz coreduo
  • Reply 4 of 94
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    yep.
  • Reply 5 of 94
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    Maybe new iPods?

Or dare I say it iBooks? Um...I mean "Macbooks"? heh heh heh :-)
  • Reply 6 of 94
    what a load of shite
  • Reply 6 of 94
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    fw800

8x dl superdrive
  • Reply 8 of 94
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    It's the 17in MBP with 2.16ghz ICD. $2799 USD. No surprises here.
  • Reply 9 of 94
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    WTF

2,16Ghz 15"MBP = $2,799

2,16Ghz 17"MBP = $2,799

• Reply 10 of 94
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Also has one FireWire 400, one FireWire 800, and three USB 2.0 ports

That's a lot of ports. I think that is perhaps the new element in Apple design for this introduction. They have ports running down BOTH sides of the notebook for the first time.

Edit note: Actually, the MacBook Pro 15" has ports running down both sides. I have no idea what I am saying. Please ignore. Still... 3 USB ports AND a FW 800...
  • Reply 11 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by microdisiac

what a load of shite

Tell me about.
  • Reply 12 of 94
    niconico Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

WTF

2,16Ghz 15"MBP = $2,799

2,16Ghz 17"MBP = $2,799

You're right.

sic.

• Reply 13 of 94
    ceddcedd Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

WTF

2,16Ghz 15"MBP = $2,799

2,16Ghz 17"MBP = $2,799

If you give them both the 120 gb hard drive then the 17" is cheaper!
  • Reply 14 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

They have ports running down BOTH sides of the notebook for the first time.

Eh? My 15" AiBook has that...
  • Reply 15 of 94
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by red_kola

Eh? My 15" AiBook has that...

You are correct.
  • Reply 16 of 94
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

WTF

2,16Ghz 15"MBP = $2,799

2,16Ghz 17"MBP = $2,799

Insane!

I'm shocked we haven't seen any 15" Core Duo owners bitching about this one... Hmmm maybe they're not awake yet... Then again... IMHO a person interested in a 15" laptop and a person interested in a 17" laptop are two unique buyers. Having owned both a 15" PowerBook (first TIBook model) and a PowerBook 17" I gotta tell you (the 17 IS nice) but as for travel.. (something I don't do a ton of thank god) lugging / juggling the 17 isn't exactly fun.

Not that any of that will stop people from bitching...

Dave
  • Reply 17 of 94
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Insane!

I'm shocked we haven't seen any 15" Core Duo owners bitching about this one... Hmmm maybe they're not awake yet... Then again... IMHO a person interested in a 15" laptop and a person interested in a 17" laptop are two unique buyers. Having owned both a 15" PowerBook (first TIBook model) and a PowerBook 17" I gotta tell you (the 17 IS nice) but as for travel.. (something I don't do a ton of thank god) lugging / juggling the 17 isn't exactly fun.

Dave

<sips cofee> <yawn>

<EYES SHOOT OPEN>

Grumble Grumble Bitch Bitch Bitch 15" Grumble

F-ing 17" at same price point. WTF, Bitch Bitch Bitch

...mmm FW 800
  • Reply 18 of 94
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Insane!

Dave

Ahh, I just ordered a 15" on Saturday (2 GHz with 2gb ram) and that is fine. I am sizing down from a M60 big Dell notebook. 17" is too big for me and I can't wait any longer on a 13.3" iBook replacement. I got what I want so no complaints here.

I am still waiting on that subnotebook to come out. I will purchase the day it comes out.
  • Reply 19 of 94
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    prices of 15" will be dropped soon i guess, hopefully once 13.3 is out!

for a difference, now APPLE fans complaining about lower prices hehehe

Bring the 13.3" Apple. 8 months to take down Vista and increase the market share as much as possible ...

Bring the Conroe/Merom/Woodcrest intel ...

exciting year for PC hardware and software ... oh yeah that iPhone as well ... moto's L6 is really cool except for Music Quailty, Apple can do better ...same size as iPod nano ... can do Phone call as well
  • Reply 20 of 94
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    Apple Computer at the NAB Conference on Monday unveiled its flagship 17-inch MacBook Pro notebook computer featuring the Intel Core Duo processor and an all new system architecture that delivers up to five times the performance of the PowerBook G4.

The new 17-inch MacBook Pro features an aluminum enclosure just one inch thin, weighs 6.8 pounds, includes a built-in iSight video camera for video conferencing on-the-go, Front Row and Apple Remote. It also features a MagSafe Power Adapter, invented by Apple especially for mobile users.

?The 17-inch MacBook Pro delivers the speed and screen area of a professional desktop system in the world?s best notebook design,? said Philip Schiller, Apple?s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. ?With Intel?s state of the art dual-core processor, the new 17-inch MacBook Pro delivers unrivaled performance in an innovative, sleek, one-inch thin design."

As expected\t, the new 17-inch MacBook Pro includes a 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo processor that delivers dual-core performance in a power-efficient design. Also true to reports, Apple held out for the 8X SuperDrive with dual layer support.

Along with its Core Duo processor, the 17-inch MacBook Pro offers an all new system architecture including a 667 MHz front-side bus that is four times as fast as the PowerBook G4 and 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory expandable to 2GB that is twice as fast as the PowerBook G4. Overall, Apple claims the notebook is up to five times faster than the 17-inch PowerBook G4, running industry standard benchmarks.

Designed with business and creative professionals in mind, the new 17-inch MacBook Pro uses a 36 percent brighter display and an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 PCI Express graphics with 256MB of dedicated GDDR3 graphics memory for demanding applications. It also includes a Scrolling TrackPad, a FireWire 800 port, a FireWire 400 port, three USB 2.0 ports, optical and digital audio input and output, built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), and integrated AirPort Extreme 54 Mbps 802.11g WiFi wireless networking.

Every MacBook Pro includes Mac OS X 10.4.6 and iLife ?06, the next generation of Apple?s suite of digital lifestyle applications featuring iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand and iWeb.

Apple says Intel-based Mac customers currently have more than 1,500 Universal applications to choose from, with a list that is growing each day. An updated list of Universal applications for Mac OS X is available at the company's site.

Pricing & Availability

The new 17-inch MacBook Pro will begin shipping next week through the Apple Store, Apple?s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

The 2.16 GHz, 17-inch MacBook Pro, for a suggested retail price of $2,799 (US), includes:

17-inch widescreen 1680 x 1050 LCD display with 300 cd/m2 brightness;

2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo processor;

1GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, expandable to 2GB;

120GB Serial ATA hard drive running at 5400 rpm, with Sudden Motion Sensor;

a slot-load 8x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)optical drive;

PCI Express-based ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 256MB GDDR3 memory;

DVI-out port for external display (VGA-out adapter included, Composite/S-Video out adapter sold separately);

built-in Dual Link support for driving Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display;

built-in iSight video camera;

Gigabit Ethernet port;

built-in AirPort Extreme wireless networking and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR;

ExpressCard/34 expansion card slot;

three USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port, and one FireWire 400 port;

one audio line in and one audio line out port, each supporting both optical digital and analog;

Scrolling TrackPad and illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor;

the infrared Apple Remote;

68 watt hour lithium polymer battery; and

85 watt Apple MagSafe Power Adapter.

Additional build-to-order options for the 17-inch MacBook Pro include 100GB (7200 rpm) hard drive, up to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, Apple USB Modem, and the AppleCare Protection Plan.