iPod Hi-Fi and Volvo iPod interface - compare and contrast

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The iPod Hi-Fi sounds like crap. I finally heard it at the local apple store, and I don't know what you people were smoking when you raved about it.

On the positive side, though, the Volvo iPod hookup sounds better than I expected.

Both Apple and Volvo have major failings. If you want things to sound good, hire middle aged men as designers - if you want them to be clean, beautiful, and have elegant ergonomic interfaces, then hire young people.

Apple hires young people, and gets crappy sound from otherwise good products. Volvo hires old men, and gets good sound with a lousy UI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    This thread sounds crap, I own an iPod Hi-fi. I like the way it both looks and sounds. Clean, elegant, compact, cool and it sound great for the price!

Simple you pop in the iPod, and you play. Couldn't make more sense, besides it's only the 1st gen.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

This thread sounds crap, I own an iPod Hi-fi. I like the way it both looks and sounds. Clean, elegant, compact, cool and it sound great for the price!

Simple you pop in the iPod, and you play. Couldn't make more sense, besides it's only the 1st gen.

I like the way it looks, and it is clean, elegant, and compact, so we agree on some things...

It does not "sound good for the price" though - my paradigm atoms ($170/pair) with a cheap kenwood stereo receiver ($150?) sounds worlds better.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

I like the way it looks, and it is clean, elegant, and compact, so we agree on some things...

It does not "sound good for the price" though - my paradigm atoms ($170/pair) with a cheap kenwood stereo receiver ($150?) sounds worlds better.

The point is it's not a pair! You can get things that sound better. But try bringing your setup down to the kitchen, set it up. Then back to the bedroom or wherever and see how long it takes you. This is unplug & plug, much better IMO
  • Reply 4 of 6
    that's the idea!

less buttons, less steps, less boxes to connect.

iPod hifi is awesome, I wish I had one for my nano.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

that's the idea!

less buttons, less steps, less boxes to connect.

iPod hifi is awesome, I wish I had one for my nano.

I agree that it is simple and easy to use - I just wish that it sounded better. They should have been able to do a better job at that price point.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

I agree that it is simple and easy to use - I just wish that it sounded better. They should have been able to do a better job at that price point.

Listen everything can be improved apon, I wonder if apple could ever please.