Safari

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I tried logging into hotmail using my Safari RSS, but to no avail. The web bar keeps repeatedly refreshing the link, and then prompts me for a password. I enter the password, but the link refreshes repeatedly again.

Please help.

I've tried deleting my cache, removing MSN messenger, but it still doesn't help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yuji

I tried logging into hotmail using my Safari RSS, but to no avail. The web bar keeps repeatedly refreshing the link, and then prompts me for a password. I enter the password, but the link refreshes repeatedly again.

Please help.

I've tried deleting my cache, removing MSN messenger, but it still doesn't help.

Yahoo is better. Try Yahoo.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I've had the same problem the last couple of times I've tried it to. Not a big problem for me since I don't actually use that account, and only tried to open it after MSN told me I had mail, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone!

It seems to work fine in IE, so if you have an old version kicking around, that'll do you for just now. If not, it can be downloaded from microsoft.com/mac

Seems like another bug introduced with the 10.4.6 update

Edit - nice tip there Ireland - you can't open your email, so just bugger it and use Yahoo instead.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    yujiyuji Posts: 43member
    I did a disk utility scan,and it says there are errors on my HD. Unfortunately, it cannot be repaired by the disk utility. Oh man. What should I do?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yuji

I did a disk utility scan,and it says there are errors on my HD. Unfortunately, it cannot be repaired by the disk utility. Oh man. What should I do?

See my above now updated post - not your particular system at fault. If you need to fix your HD anyway though, you need to boot from another drive, eg an installation DVD etc
  • Reply 5 of 5
    yujiyuji Posts: 43member
    But does the error in disk utility indicate that my HD is corrupted or damaged? I barely had my PB for a year! *sob*