Best way to price & sell a 1.5Ghz Mini?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm starting on an upgrade path from a Mini to a MBP and need to find the best way to sell the Mini. The recent Ebay auctions seem to be getting quite decent amounts for Mini 1.4s.

Any experience / suggestions?

....yes, I searched for pricing used macs, but didn't find a new post that answered me...sorry if I missed it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by id-sign

I'm starting on an upgrade path from a Mini to a MBP and need to find the best way to sell the Mini. The recent Ebay auctions seem to be getting quite decent amounts for Mini 1.4s.

Any experience / suggestions?

....yes, I searched for pricing used macs, but didn't find a new post that answered me...sorry if I missed it.

The price depends on where you're selling it - if you put an ad in the local paper you'll get less than on eBay.

eBay is a good gage. You can also google "used macs" to find lots of commercial sellers and what they're getting.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Definitely punt it on eBay - people seem to buy over the odds there I find. Start it with a low bid (I normally use £0.99 to generate interest), and have it on for 7 or 10 days. You'll get stacks of cash for it - I sold an iPod shuffle for the price I paid, and an iPod mini for not much less than I had paid!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I have sold many items on ebay for more than I paid for them.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

This is my experiance also. A lot of people I know have done this as well.

If you have a craigslist in your area you might also check there for prices.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Seriously, who are these people?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Seriously, who are these people?

Hell if I know. As near as I can tell, they just get excited. I once sold a used parallel port zip drive for more than you could buy it new.