Macs in Futurama

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just saw an episode of Futurama this morning (UK) which made me chuckle. The team visited a planet ruled by robots, who each day go out on a 'human hunt' to eliminate the human species. A robot chief started the hunt with a horn which played the Mac startup chime when he blew in it.

When the team from Earth were captured, they stood trial in a court in which the judge was an original '84 Mac, complete with a progress bar which read 'Judging...'. The judge froze in a system error ('Sorry a system error has occured') and had to be restarted... it was quite funny, made me laugh anyway...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    it crahsed becuase MACs suck lol
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

What's a MAC?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

What's a MAC?

lol its a fag compuetr
  • Reply 4 of 10
    What prattish comments.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

lol its a fag compuetr

NOPE...MAC==Media Access Control...Mac==cute little toys

in all seriousness; the best mac gag on TV recently has to be last Sundays Family Guy...

Stewy knocks out the fat boy and pole-vaults onto his stomach, he then says "WOW this is even more fun than typing dirty words into the simulated voice on my Macintosh" cut to stewy in a high-chair making a Powerbook say dirty words! (show me a long time apple power user who will not admit to doing that at least once, and I will show you a liar)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by max_naylor

on a 'human hunt' to eliminate the human species

This is a sendup of the old arcade game "Bezerk".. Intruder alert, intruder alert.. there are many tech/game/mac pop culture references in Futurama
  • Reply 7 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Are you trying to take AI down with you?

(Because, if you are, you're doing a damn fine job.)
  • Reply 8 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I suspect his was a joke. A parody of what some PC-using kids do on boards these days.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Stewy knocks out the fat boy and pole-vaults onto his stomach, he then says "WOW this is even more fun than typing dirty words into the simulated voice on my Macintosh" cut to stewy in a high-chair making a Powerbook say dirty words! (show me a long time apple power user who will not admit to doing that at least once, and I will show you a liar)

... I mean, I've never done that before *shifty eyes*.

I'm pretty sure the developers designed it for this purpose. Why else would vicki say dirty words so eloquently? Try typing this into textedit with the voice set to vicki and you'll see what I mean:

I want to suck your cawck. I am just a dirty little cocksucker.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

I suspect his was a joke. A parody of what some PC-using kids do on boards these days.

We have a winner.