New Mac TV ads?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 110
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    I just snagged the "Awesome Computer Review... Weekly... Journal" ad with my eyeTV 500.

These ads are hilarious!
  • Reply 22 of 110
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

I just snagged the "Awesome Computer Review... Weekly... Journal" ad with my eyeTV 500.

Doesn't do me a bit of good of you don't post it.
  • Reply 23 of 110
    alexluftalexluft Posts: 159member
    I'm so anxious for someone to post the review and the iTunes + iLife ones!!!! comon someone!!!

I've never been so excited about ads in my life!!!
  • Reply 24 of 110
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
  • Reply 25 of 110
    bandalaybandalay Posts: 116member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

One of them can be seen here:

http://web.mac.com/brendanjnr/iWeb/S...us%20free.html

Both of them are here (not amazing quality):

http://homepage.mac.com/brianbobcat1...Theater15.html

http://homepage.mac.com/brianbobcat1...Theater16.html

That's John Hodgman from the Daily Show playing "the PC", and "the Mac" is the young actor Justin Long, who I remember from Galaxy Quest.
  • Reply 26 of 110
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I got both of them up now!

Watch and laugh!
  • Reply 27 of 110
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    There's a slew of them up at Apple.
  • Reply 28 of 110
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CharlesS

You mean they're going to release a new ad for this thing?

Quote:

CharlesS

Are you sure you are from the future? Looks like you are lagging a bit.
  • Reply 29 of 110
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

There's a slew of them up at Apple.

Holy cow. I just saw one on the daily show, and watched all of them at Apple. For everyone who's been bitchin' about Apple not advertising the Mac, well its game on now.
  • Reply 30 of 110
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    the network one is awesome. i love how the mac dude and the chick have a little 'private' party going on in the end and pc is just looking in all jealous.

its about time they put ads like this out..head to head is the way to go.
  • Reply 31 of 110
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Hmm... I'm a bit ambivalent about these ads. They still seem kinda "snooty" They don't seem to be memorable at all. It's like, okay, two guys talking. "Yeah, Macs are great". Okay, so the casual-wear young dude says Macs are cool. Okay, so...... I think viewers really need more information than just these "conversations".

IMHO I'm quite dissapointed with these ads. It just extends from someone that uses PCs always hearing from their friend how Macs are better, and the PC user going, okay okay enough with the telling me "Macs are better". Actually bloody SHOW me HOW and WHY. These ads are too abstract.
  • Reply 32 of 110
    charlesscharless Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Are you sure you are from the future? Looks like you are lagging a bit.

Yeah, I made a stop in 1994 on the way back, and ya know, things just went downhill from there.
  • Reply 33 of 110
    There's a complete "discussion" about iLife, but if I were a PC user or contemplating buying a computer, after that ad, I still would not know what the bloody hell iLife is and WHY the hell it's so great....!! WTF mate????
  • Reply 34 of 110
    Originally posted by macfly

the network one is awesome. i love how the mac dude and the chick have a little 'private' party going on in the end and pc is just looking in all jealous.

its about time they put ads like this out..head to head is the way to go.

What does Network have to do with supporting a digital camera (sometimes digital cameras have NO drivers for Mac) and also support for Japanese language?? Last time I looked, WindowsXP2 had support for Japanese, Korean, Chinese...
  • Reply 35 of 110
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    * I * really liked them, but I have context of what's a Mac and what's a Goddamned PC.

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 36 of 110
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Horse's Mouth

EDIT: I am, like, so slow!
  • Reply 37 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

Holy cow. I just saw one on the daily show, and watched all of them at Apple. For everyone who's been bitchin' about Apple not advertising the Mac, well its game on now.

I'm glad you guys in the states will see these ads on TV, lucky you\
  • Reply 38 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Hmm... I'm a bit ambivalent about these ads. They still seem kinda "snooty" They don't seem to be memorable at all. It's like, okay, two guys talking. "Yeah, Macs are great". Okay, so the casual-wear young dude says Macs are cool. Okay, so...... I think viewers really need more information than just these "conversations".

IMHO I'm quite dissapointed with these ads. It just extends from someone that uses PCs always hearing from their friend how Macs are better, and the PC user going, okay okay enough with the telling me "Macs are better". Actually bloody SHOW me HOW and WHY. These ads are too abstract.

So you don't think, not getting viruses and not breaking down are good enough reasons to say Mac's are better?
  • Reply 39 of 110
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

I have to agree. The ads suck. They are NOT going to convince PC users to move to Mac. Completely wrong approach. Steve... WTF were you smoking when you approved these shitty ads? Unbelievable.
  • Reply 40 of 110
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

I'm glad you guys in the states will see these ads on TV, lucky you\

Just go to http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/