Why is Apple going to be at E3?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was on the hot news section of apple.com and on the schedule it says e3, why would mac be at one of the biggest, if not the biggest gaming conference?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 79
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I think Apple occasionally shows off their flagship Power Macs with all the bells and whistles in a LAN-party type of set-up at game conferences.
  • Reply 2 of 79
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    announcing merger with nintendo
  • Reply 3 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

I was on the hot news section of apple.com and on the schedule it says e3, why would mac be at one of the biggest, if not the biggest gaming conference?

Two words -

Intel Breakout
  • Reply 4 of 79
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

announcing merger with nintendo

Why would Apple merge with a company who don't take themselves seriously? Maybe before the Wii renaming incident but not now. Nintendo are just taking the Wii.

I wonder if Apple will be showing off bootcamp and showing how well Windows gaming works with it. After all, they are out to sell hardware.
  • Reply 5 of 79
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marvin

Why would Apple merge with a company who don't take themselves seriously? Maybe before the Wii renaming incident but not now. Nintendo are just taking the Wii.

I wonder if Apple will be showing off bootcamp and showing how well Windows gaming works with it. After all, they are out to sell hardware.

- Nintendo game library running on OSX, buy the games from an online store like iTunes, including older games.

- combo iPod / gameboy DS

- seamless iPod/Wii integration

- The Wii would become a mac at a lower price point than the mini - it would be the "mac nano", and run Mac OS X on its powerPC processor. People who want "the best nintendo that money can buy" would upgrade to higher level macs - all the nintendo games would be in universal binary format.
  • Reply 6 of 79
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah.
  • Reply 7 of 79
    Maybe it has something to do with the Media Center that is apperently coming around? I could be completely off, just a guess. The Nintendo thing sounds like something that could happen at E3.
  • Reply 8 of 79
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Maybe they are trying to increase visibility amongst a profitable market segment.

Nah, that'd be too crazy, LOL
  • Reply 9 of 79
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    when is E3?
  • Reply 10 of 79
    may 10-12

los angeles
  • Reply 11 of 79
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Please, Bungie. Please show Halo 3.
  • Reply 12 of 79
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    boot camp!

I have been running Half Life 2 for 2 straight days now. When I am over with the game I restart and here I am safely in OS X!

Now If I could do that with a keyboard shortcut that would really rock!!

Windows still sucks ass.
  • Reply 13 of 79
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Please, Epic. Please show Unreal Tournament 2007 because it's superior to anything Bungie could ever make.
  • Reply 14 of 79
    netbansheenetbanshee Posts: 74member
    It makes sense for them to be visible at E3 since the Intel transition is taking place, the beta release of BootCamp has been out, etc. They can get some good visibility and hands-on play with gamers and get them to comment and think about Apple offerings. They might even want to show support for some of the newer titles and ports from software vendors that are there.
  • Reply 15 of 79
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Halo 3...shown on Mac first. Exclusive Xbox 360 release. Yeeeehaw!
  • Reply 16 of 79
    furious_furious_ Posts: 88member
    WWSJD (what would Steve Jobs Do)

cause it is Halo 3
  • Reply 17 of 79
    marzetta7marzetta7 Posts: 1,323member
    To show off Blu-ray support alongside more details for the PS3. Hey maybe a Blu-ray drive supporting future games on Blu-ray discs.
  • Reply 18 of 79
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    I say they should have a shitload of 20" iMacs set up with the most popular PC/Win games in the dock?

Clicking on the icon would initiate an Automator script to reboot into WinXP & open the selected game?

(maybe even some type of automator on the Windows side which automatically reboots to OS X whenever the particular game is exited??!?)

Have a good number of Mac minis w/a brace of 250GB FW HDDs (One Gig FW RAID 0 for content, anyone??) feeding 23" ACDs set up to demo FrontRow?

Don't forget the Logitech Z6600 5.1 surround sound speakers (optical out, duh) with the minis?!

Sweet!

;^p
  • Reply 19 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

I say they should have a shitload of 20" iMacs set up with the most popular PC/Win games in the dock?

Clicking on the icon would initiate an Automator script to reboot into WinXP & open the selected game?

(maybe even some type of automator on the Windows side which automatically reboots to OS X whenever the particular game is exited??!?)

Have a good number of Mac minis w/a brace of 250GB FW HDDs (One Gig FW RAID 0 for content, anyone??) feeding 23" ACDs set up to demo FrontRow?

Don't forget the Logitech Z6600 5.1 surround sound speakers (optical out, duh) with the minis?!

Sweet!

;^p

Just remember Windows still sucks!!!

yes, really really bad!

it sucks!

• Reply 20 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by furious_

WWSJD (what would Steve Jobs Do)

make macs boot windows games natively.

by using the win XP api's that he got from the infernal microsoft bailout of apple.

Then proceed on in a happy safe and superior OS X environment.

otherwise I will become a luddite and only use an abacus !