Apple releases Aperture 1.1

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 136
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Option 5. Think Secret is spewing horse shit out their ass. They aren't relevant anymore.

Tell us how you REALLY feel. No holding back now.

• Reply 122 of 136
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Option 5. Think Secret is spewing horse shit out their ass. They aren't relevant anymore.

That's because you don't like what they reported.

If they had said that Aperture had the best code they ever produced, and that the team that produced it was all getting promotions because of it, you would have said that Thinksecret was on the money again.

In this very site, they have been praised as being the most accurate site the entire last year. How fickle some people are.
  • Reply 123 of 136
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

That's because you don't like what they reported.

If they had said that Aperture had the best code they ever produced, and that the team that produced it was all getting promotions because of it, you would have said that Thinksecret was on the money again.

In this very site, they have been praised as being the most accurate site the entire last year. How fickle some people are.

Or maybe cool gut *also* noticed that same thing I did...TS' track record has gone down the drain in the last 2 years.

Really! How can we believe this when they've been claiming new Intel-based iBooks for over 6 months now? And Apple iPhones? And Front Row 2.0?

Not very many rumor sites report wild rumors like this. What makes this new report any different? I'd be singing a different tune if other rumors sites had reported this at the same time with independent sources but claiming that TS suddenly got an exclusive and accurate piece of info is ludicrous.

The only info they get right these days is news of software and hardware that have just been released. It'd be hard to get that wrong considering their source is www.apple.com.

I'm not saying it's impossible that the Aperture team got canned. Just saying that TS has produced any reliable info in over a year.
  • Reply 124 of 136
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Or maybe cool gut *also* noticed that same thing I did...TS' track record has gone down the drain in the last 2 years.

Really! How can we believe this when they've been claiming new Intel-based iBooks for over 6 months now? And Apple iPhones? And Front Row 2.0?

Not very many rumor sites report wild rumors like this. What makes this new report any different? I'd be singing a different tune if other rumors sites had reported this at the same time with independent sources but claiming that TS suddenly got an exclusive and accurate piece of info is ludicrous.

The only info they get right these days is news of software and hardware that have just been released. It'd be hard to get that wrong considering their source is www.apple.com.

I'm not saying it's impossible that the Aperture team got canned. Just saying that TS has produced any reliable info in over a year.

And the truth is that I don't think it's worthy of discussion any more.
  • Reply 125 of 136
    bikertwinbikertwin Posts: 566member
    This is interesting and well put:

http://daringfireball.net/2006/04/aperture_dirt
  • Reply 126 of 136
    Quote:

Originally posted by bikertwin

This is interesting and well put:

http://daringfireball.net/2006/04/aperture_dirt

I would agree with that. Now that's it's out of the bag, I'm hearing the same.
  • Reply 127 of 136
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Yep. They're even hiring new people.
  • Reply 128 of 136
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlue

Yep. They're even hiring new people.

That's great.

I was originally thinking they'd release a new version in Oct-Nov at that photo show that version 1.0 was announced at. Do you think they have enough time between now and then to fully develop a version 2.0 product by then?
  • Reply 129 of 136
    Quote:

That's great.

I was originally thinking they'd release a new version in Oct-Nov at that photo show that version 1.0 was announced at. Do you think they have enough time between now and then to fully develop a version 2.0 product by then?

If they can fix the problems with the code on time, then it would depend on what they have planned for a ver 2 release. But, as they are behind, it's hard to tell. I would like to see it, but they might be going slow right now.
  • Reply 130 of 136
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

From whom exactly?
  • Reply 131 of 136
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinney57

From whom exactly?

Elves...and pixies. But mostly elves.
  • Reply 132 of 136
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Gruber has a follow up. In short, really, really bad project management. The team grew from 20 to 150 to get it out the door. Yeah that works.

So, anyone update to 1.1.1 yet?
  • Reply 133 of 136
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinney57

From whom exactly?

Despite Kim's poor idea of humor, I do know people at Apple.
  • Reply 134 of 136
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

So, anyone update to 1.1.1 yet?

Yup. I fund it much faster and more responsive than 1.1.
  • Reply 135 of 136
    Quote:

Despite Kim's poor idea of humor, I do know people at Apple.

Yeah, I have a nephew that works at the Apple store, too.

(Sorry, you left yourself wide open for that one!)
  • Reply 136 of 136
    Quote:

Yeah, I have a nephew that works at the Apple store, too.

(Sorry, you left yourself wide open for that one!)

Yeah kid. The two of you are like the Bobbsey twins.