Apple's MacBook, iPod changes due later this month

Comments

• Reply 41 of 61
    The grand opening of Steve's "Manhattan Project" will be a huge media event of Biblical proportions. It will be grid lock in Manhattan as tens of thousands of Mac faithful converge on the new temple to get a glimpse of Steve and the new MacBook and iPod.

I'm sure Apple will do some kind of crazy promotion like the lucky bags or give away iBooks and iPods to draw in the crowds. You just can't buy publicity like that. No need to send media invitations, their news trucks will be outside anyway. Mossburg and Pouge probably will have it a week before its announced so Steve can quote them gushing over it.

I'll be at the grand opening for sure.
  • Reply 42 of 61
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Booga

I guess. It's just that completely content-less articles seem kind of silly for everyone except AppleInsider's advertising hitcount. Anyone could have written that AppleInsider article-- it contained even less content than the "analysts" predictions. Of course Apple is going to release an Intel-based iBook someday, and I'm sure at some point new iPods will be introduced.

This article isn't content free. It's an article debunking the claim on Think Secret that the MB would be released today. They didn't just say "someday", they said specifically not on May 9th, sometime later in the month. And it looks like they are right, and TS wrong (again).

TS keeps posting these dates, and suckers keep getting all in a lather, and then disappointed when Apple is "late". If AI keeps posting articles doing nothing more than disagreeing with TS, I DO consider that useful and informational and hope they continue.

Quote:

Originally posted by mrkris

Yeah, the headline seemed to suggest that Appleinsider never reported or thought the release was going to happen today. "MacBook, iPod Changes Due Later This Month" as if the previous reports didn't exist. Something with "correction" before it would have been nice. Although, I doubt they are certain either way. Unless i missed something - and I know that ThinkSecret is usually retareded, but when they broke the story about today being 'MacBook Day', it started with the words "AppleInsider reports." The day is merely halfway over, so anything is still possible.

When did AI claim it would be today? They have had a couple mentions of it being possible, but more likely later in the month.

"An official announcement remains on track for "this month" with the possibility that Apple will hold a press conference to usher in the notebooks next Tuesday."

Another article from January said "april or may".
  • Reply 43 of 61
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Today wouldn't have been good with all the E3 blockbusters going on. What, they would show it in their little suite? Not good. Better to wait a week or two. Besides, the 17" just came out. Let it bask in glory a little.
  • Reply 44 of 61
    manjaapmanjaap Posts: 2member
    What the hell!!!!! I was so anxious about today and now it is all ruined. I need a laptop by June 12. Do you think the macbook will be released by then?
  • Reply 45 of 61
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by manjaap

What the hell!!!!! I was so anxious about today and now it is all ruined. I need a laptop by June 12. Do you think the macbook will be released by then?

Yes. It will be announced and released before the end of month.
  • Reply 46 of 61
    mrkrismrkris Posts: 10member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

Yes. It will be announced and released before the end of month.

Is that a garuntee straight from ThinkSecret again? Haha, if it is we better turn a deaf ear. Nah, I can't see the MacBook getting past this big store unveiling or the month of May. But, as I've always said; anything's possible. I just know when its out, one is coming my way. The wait will be worth it.
  • Reply 47 of 61
    mrkrismrkris Posts: 10member
    Some of ya'll may have seen this, but look at ThinkSecret's coverup.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/050609macbook.html

So, we'll see how this goes - although I am no longer 'anticipating', if I am AppleInsider, I don't repeat of word of this until it happens. Better yet, until they have the unit itself in their hands.
  • Reply 48 of 61
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Hilarious post in the TS comments:

Quote:

one wonders what happened/happens to that rumor that said product has already been shipped to apple stores with "do not open until may 9" on them"

Another box, inside the original, read: "Do not open until May 16"

• Reply 49 of 61
    pbrpbr Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Hilarious post in the TS comments:
    Quote:

one wonders what happened/happens to that rumor that said product has already been shipped to apple stores with "do not open until may 9" on them"

Another box, inside the original, read: "Do not open until May 16"

I've seen that one a little while ago...

Great stuff!

BTW: Had that rumor ever been proven? (Well, it's a rumor, but...)
  • Reply 50 of 61
    //While some reports have suggested that Apple's MacBook was due to arrive at times much earlier in the year, those reports are incorrect, sources have told AppleInsider. At no time did Apple ever anticipate launching an Intel version of its consumer notebook line before the month of April, those sources have said.//

gosh... its MAY now.... i guess anyone with an internet connection and the ability to check apples store could ALSO be an insider.... sources have said.

its easy to say you KNEW xmas wasnt due.... till the 25th dec!
  • Reply 51 of 61
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trendannoyer

//While some reports have suggested that Apple's MacBook was due to arrive at times much earlier in the year, those reports are incorrect, sources have told AppleInsider. At no time did Apple ever anticipate launching an Intel version of its consumer notebook line before the month of April, those sources have said.//

gosh... its MAY now.... i guess anyone with an internet connection and the ability to check apples store could ALSO be an insider.... sources have said.

And your point by quoting AppleInsider is?

As you may know AppleInsider has quite a good track record

and has (as far as I know) always said Intel MacBook/ iBook in the second quarter of 2006/ may-june 2006 time frame.

Also,

they nailed the iMac/MBP at MWSF06 introduction back in november 2005

while other sites predicted an Intel Mac mini DVR and iBook introduction.

We'll see if they also nailed their predictions for the forthcoming MacBook.
  • Reply 52 of 61
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Calm down, AI is a respectable rumour site, widely known for

some respectable predictions in the past. AI is plenty fun in the

first place, and if you want to dig into (Apple related) tech discussion

it is fun too. Be positive, take it easy, life is short.

cheers
  • Reply 53 of 61
    //At no time did Apple ever anticipate launching an Intel version of its consumer notebook line before the month of April, those sources have said.//

i think THAT is what i have trouble with...

its SO easy to say that now... IN MAY!

i dont care who the sources are or what website its posted on, it just seems to me that a child with an understanding of months of the year could work that one out.

no consumer note book out this year... its the month of May NOW... i could easily say apple wont be releaseing a note book before the end of april.

its all just hindsight!

i can safely say apple wont be going to mars any time the first week of May, same differance.

---

i like this website, i like some of the 'rumours' here its fun.

Rod
  • Reply 54 of 61
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

//At no time did Apple ever anticipate launching an Intel version of its consumer notebook line before the month of April, those sources have said.//

i think THAT is what i have trouble with...

its SO easy to say that now... IN MAY!

It's harder to say it in, say, februari?

Anyway AppleInsider expected it "early this spring"

and moved that expectation to "later this spring" and even june on april 4th,

to before june on april 7th.

It's harder to say if you don't have a 24/7 hotline with "those sources".

It's information about the reason why it takes longer than people expected, not an evil cover up.
  • Reply 55 of 61
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    Yeh no doubt the new ipod will look something like this:-

• Reply 56 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by BenJ

• Reply 57 of 61
    mandricardmandricard Posts: 486member
    Wow.

Nice work. Hope does spring eternal.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 58 of 61
    pavelpavel Posts: 6member
    Nice fake but maybe not unreal...

• Reply 59 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Pavel

Nice fake but maybe not unreal...

If this is fake, it is very well done. Also, I like the way they included the way people might use it, showing some versatility in the computer. Very well done indeed.
  • Reply 60 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by BenJ

yeah i agree. but i dont think they'll add the os-x type interface, just the normal old iPod software. and i got $600 for my b-day and i want a new ipod =]