Safari runs internet slow?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My first post from my new iMac. This machine is wonderful. I am not using wireless but the internet speed seems as if I am on wireless with my old laptop. I have checked settings and can't seem to figure out why it would run this slow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Well, it depends. There may be a lot of ads on the page, or it may be incompatible and Safari may have a hard time rendering it. Give Firefox, Camino, Opera a try.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    what kind of internet connection do your have? Safari is VERY finicky on some satellite internet providers. (like direcway which is my connection)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Mac browsers, in particular Safari, are a bit slower than Windows IE because they are not so deep a part of the OS, from my understanding, but this slowness is only mere seconds if that. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    im-0nim-0n Posts: 47member
    can safari feature right click like IE or fire fox and choose save as/ save image as? so i can rename the name...cuz some times theres a site that cannot use safari browsers to save images..even if u drag the pic to the desktop...

so maybe if i use this feature it will help...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    turboturbo Posts: 31member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

SafariSpeed 1.3

Wow thanks a lot. That improved it.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    project2501project2501 Posts: 433member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iM-0N

can safari feature right click like IE or fire fox and choose save as/ save image as? so i can rename the name...cuz some times theres a site that cannot use safari browsers to save images..even if u drag the pic to the desktop...

so maybe if i use this feature it will help...

Modern OSX has the same right click features as windows has, and has been able to support multi button mice for long now, If you have one button mouse, you can "right click" with pressing control, try also option and command keys conjunction with mouse, with trackpad having two fingers on pad equals as "right click". You can also find pretty neat tricks under services menu. Tigers automator also makes it easy to do very neat work flows that can do virtually anything.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    yeah i know mac can right click..but why safari didnt have the save image as feature? is there some additional DL patch or something?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

yeah i know mac can right click..but why safari didnt have the save image as feature? is there some additional DL patch or something?

I generally drag the image out to the desktop, which you can easily expose using expose
  • Reply 9 of 11
    project2501project2501 Posts: 433member
    Quote:

You can do save as with "right click" + option/alt- It's bit tricky to find, but it is there
  • Reply 10 of 11
    oh man...very tricky...how should i know that..hehhe

thanks..now my safari problems is all solved..