Looking for a Bluetooth Laptop mouse

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm about to head to China for the summer, and would like to take a mouse with my iBook. I'm looking for a small bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel and hopefully at least one extra button (I love my "back" button in Mozilla).

Does anyone know of a good mouse? I picked up the Logitech V400 today, but it is USB. If I can't find the Bluetooth mouse I'm looking for, I'll stick with the V400.

Thanks,

acr4

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    I'd be interested to see what other people think about a bluetooth mouse also...I've been thinking of getting one for my MBP.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    radtech.com has some nice ones, small, excellent quality, high dpi and uber portable...but beware, BT mice can eat batteries every week.

I've used their mouse a lot, and its pretty amazing for such a small device, very comfortable and so smooth.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

radtech.com has some nice ones, small, excellent quality, high dpi and uber portable...but beware, BT mice can eat batteries every week.

I've used their mouse a lot, and its pretty amazing for such a small device, very comfortable and so smooth.

I use a microsoft bt mouse. Fits the hand nicely and has quite a few buttons.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    sternonesternone Posts: 80member
    Quote:

Originally posted by acr4

I'm about to head to China for the summer, and would like to take a mouse with my iBook. I'm looking for a small bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel and hopefully at least one extra button (I love my "back" button in Mozilla).

Does anyone know of a good mouse? I picked up the Logitech V400 today, but it is USB. If I can't find the Bluetooth mouse I'm looking for, I'll stick with the V400.

Thanks,

acr4

i bought a MacMice BT wireless with scrollbar last year, but i stop using it, since i needed to change more batteries than i right click...maybe you better buy a mice in China when you;re there...(that wouldn't stop the bad SMELL of that hatefully ugly country tough, damn i hate China)
  • Reply 5 of 12
    At least the batteries are cheap in China... but that goes for everything there, including the people...
  • Reply 6 of 12
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    wow, this thread slid right into racism and hate pretty quick, all over BT Mice.

I'll look at each person for their merits not their color or nationality. And I've been to China, its a fascinating place with an unfortunate government. However, the next 20 years will be the Chinese economy and we'll be hard pressed to keep up. Better learn some Mandarin, your job in 2012 might require it.

Or you can sit back in your Chinese made boxers in your Chinese cast parts single wide trailer and watch the daily schmuck on your Chinese made TV and wish you could buy that Chinese made MacBook Plus while making small farting noises about the Chinese taking over but everything you buy is Chinese made. hmmm.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

wow, this thread slid right into racism and hate pretty quick, all over BT Mice.

I'll look at each person for their merits not their color or nationality. And I've been to china, its a fascinating place with an unfortunate government. however, the next 20 years will be the Chinese economy and we'll be hard pressed to keep up. Better learn some Mandarin, your job in 2012 might require it.

Or you can sit back in your single wide and watch the daily schmuck on your Chinese made TV and wish you could buy that Chinese made MacBook.

I'm a racist when i say a country STINKS ? I'm not concerned about my job, i have been over 20 times to China, and i just find it cheap. Mandarin ? You're sure ? I know Chinese ppl who speak English to eachother because they don't understand their dialects. If you have been cheated so many times by Chinese people like i have, they just copy, cheat and lie. Don't worry, we Europeans will close our borders for these Chinese guys when it will go too rough. They are not honest and make this planet ecologicly kaput. They just don't care about the rest of the world, only about themselfs, i have a golden rule: when a Chinese laughs in your face, then you know you are cheated.

But like i said, talking about my expierences (telling that a country smells bad, and it does smell bad, everywhere, and the people are cheap, in any way) does that make me a racist ?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    acr4acr4 Posts: 100member
    Bleh not seeing exactly what I want. Thanks for the recommendations though.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    It isn't very portable but I love the mouse in the s530 logitech keyboard/mouse combo. I have two actually. You can set all the button on the mouse to do whatever you want. I use the optical output so I have no need to for the volume button on the mouse so I programed them to the expose keys. I have the track up and down button set to go through the tabs in safari. You can also make the button dynamic based on the problem. Like I said it isn't that portable though.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sternone

I'm a racist when i say a country STINKS ?

Yes.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    I use a Macally BT micro and love it. Really small, and has a dock for recharging the batteries. Maybe that is what you need?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    acr4acr4 Posts: 100member
    Quote:

Originally posted by skybolt

I use a Macally BT micro and love it. Really small, and has a dock for recharging the batteries. Maybe that is what you need?

Close, no extra button though... Maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks.