Tiger Mail - Erase Junk Mail always grayed out?

rokrok
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
okay, i need to purge the junk mail accumulated in my inbox. there's an "Erase Junk Mail" command just SITTING THERE in the menu, taunting me, but it is always grayed out. i have tried selecting all email, just the junk mails, selecting only the mailbox... nothing seems to activate the menu option.

what am i doing wrong? the apple mail help has NO direct link as to how to activate/use this command correctly.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You have to activate spam filterring from options/junkmail, for that menu item to become activated
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Project2501

You have to activate spam filterring from options/junkmail, for that menu item to become activated

strange... under preferences/junk mail, filtering is enabled. still grayed out. maybe i need to rebuild my mailboxes. couldn't hurt.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    project2501project2501 Posts: 433member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

strange... under preferences/junk mail, filtering is enabled. still grayed out. maybe i need to rebuild my mailboxes. couldn't hurt.

Oh, and apparently you have to have the move to junk mail folder option selected as well
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Project2501

Oh, and apparently you have to have the move to junk mail folder option selected as well

son of a gun, that did it! thanks!