Powerbook 12" G4 Power Brick HOT

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
When my powerbook is charging, the powerbrick is almost too hot to touch... Anybody else experience this? Is this normal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    acr4acr4 Posts: 100member
    Quote:

Originally posted by galleon

When my powerbook is charging, the powerbrick is almost too hot to touch... Anybody else experience this? Is this normal?

Mine gets warm, but no where near hot. My old Dell chargers did get quite toasty - to the point where I would not touch them if they were plugged in to the wall. One would actually make this whining noise, then CLICK!, then whine later, CLICK!. I threw it away after I thought it was going to leave a DELL branding on my palm. I'm pretty sure it was overheating and the click was the thermal "don't burn down the house" protection kicking in.

If you are concerned and your computer is still under warranty, just call Apple and express your concern. Make up something about small children in the area if you have to. They replaced my power supply when the orange/green light did something trippy one day and had a new power supply to me in under 20 hours.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ichiban_jayichiban_jay Posts: 660member
    mine get's pretty darn hot after an hour or two of charging... to the point of being very uncomfortable to touch. I think it's normal, as long as it doesn't start sparking.