The Intel Powermac / Powermac Conroe / Mac Pro thread

Comments

• Reply 361 of 946
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Anand did a good analysis of Core vs netburst vs K8, with pleasing conclusions.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2748&p=1

Saw that. I've yet to see a bad review of core architechure. I hope I'm not disappointed when it finally arrives.
  • Reply 362 of 946
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

Saw that. I've yet to see a bad review of core architechure. I hope I'm not disappointed when it finally arrives.

• Reply 363 of 946
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

lol!

• Reply 364 of 946
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    What joke am I missing?
  • Reply 365 of 946
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

What joke am I missing?

I think the joke is how boring that article was. I never even made it to the second page. Plus he right away mentioned he was comparing the the core architecture vs. the AMD K8, but was going to use the netburst, and pentium M architectures as a substitutes, or something. Right there it's like a completely useless reading anyway.
  • Reply 366 of 946
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I think the joke is how boring that article was. I never even made it to the second page. Plus he right away mentioned he was comparing the the core architecture vs. the AMD K8, but was going to use the netburst, and pentium M architectures as a substitutes, or something. Right there it's like a completely useless reading anyway.

Maybe you should have read the later pages...
  • Reply 367 of 946
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

Maybe you should have read the later pages...

I think I've read enough on these processors over the past few months to already know enough to suffice my hunger for knowledge. I'll wait to see them in action for my desert.
  • Reply 368 of 946
    bellbell Posts: 8member
    I passed 70-290 with 1000/1000 today, and I can refer a good site, pass4sure.com

I am a fresh man for the certification, and my company need employee get MCSE2003 cert in 3 month, I start with some MOC books and frustrated with huge contents. and I failed at the first try for 70-290, but I met a friend who taking 70-290 also, he passed easily, and I know from him a good site named pass4sure.com, I used 70-290 from Pass4sure, every questions WORD 4 WORD was on the test. Unlike testking where you have to read huge number of questions (which more than half will never be on the test) these were easy to read b/c only about 200 even fewer questions. They also don't change any wording or layout like testking.
  • Reply 369 of 946
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Uh oh. The spam seems to be everywhere!
  • Reply 370 of 946
    Quote:

I think I've read enough on these processors over the past few months to already know enough to suffice my hunger for knowledge. I'll wait to see them in action for my desert.

y thx
  • Reply 371 of 946
    Quote:

Originally posted by bell

I passed 70-290 with 1000/1000 today, and I can refer a good site, pass4sure.com

I am a fresh man for the certification, and my company need employee get MCSE2003 cert in 3 month, I start with some MOC books and frustrated with huge contents. and I failed at the first try for 70-290, but I met a friend who taking 70-290 also, he passed easily, and I know from him a good site named pass4sure.com, I used 70-290 from Pass4sure, every questions WORD 4 WORD was on the test. Unlike testking where you have to read huge number of questions (which more than half will never be on the test) these were easy to read b/c only about 200 even fewer questions. They also don't change any wording or layout like testking.

It's time for the moderators to put an end to this crap.
  • Reply 372 of 946
    By doing what, pressing the "end this crap" button?
  • Reply 373 of 946
    Delete the posts. Send a little email reminding poster of forum rules.
  • Reply 374 of 946
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

Delete the posts. Send a little email reminding poster of forum rules.

I doubt the poter is ever cming back. He had 6 posts, and they were all spam. Need to BAN the IP.
  • Reply 375 of 946
    I thought the moderators were reading the posts on a regular basis, but perhaps not.
  • Reply 376 of 946
    Quote:

I doubt the poter is ever cming back. He had 6 posts, and they were all spam. Need to BAN the IP.

Banning the IP is only effective if the IP is coming from a broadband account that doesn't change their IP. Otherwise, you will effectively cut off someone else who doesn't deserve it.
  • Reply 377 of 946
    thereubsterthereubster Posts: 402member
    The spamming level on AI isn't really that bad, thanks god. Anyway back on track... WTF is Woodcrest?? only a few weeks away from the launch date and nothing has leaked out at all. All the hype and rumors have been about Core 2 (Conroe and Merom) but I think Woodcrest will be the daddy, just would like to see some numbers.... even the usual suspects like HPEC and xtremesystems have nothing...

Just to add some content to this post . I still believe Apple will be the first to ship Woodcrest, the Powermac needs to do some serious catchup on Opterons.
  • Reply 378 of 946
    The only problem I have with a 64 bit chip launch is how is Apple going to handle the 32 bit OS question?

Remember that the G5 was a full 32 bit chip as well in its instruction set. 100% backwards compatable.

The 64 bit Intel chips aren't!

That's why XP 32 won't work on the 64 bit machines, and visa versa.

Does anyone here know for SURE, that OS X 10.4.6 Intel will work on a 64 bit Core chip?

No quessing please! No assumptions! If you KNOW please say. If you don't, well, then you don't.
  • Reply 379 of 946
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Does anyone here know for SURE, that OS X 10.4.6 Intel will work on a 64 bit Core chip?

Minis have been upgraded (hack via drop in) to Merom powered recently.. does that count?
  • Reply 380 of 946
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    double postage..