Supposed to ship May 25th, Shiped Today

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ordered a Black MBP the evening of the day it came out. It said up until an hour ago that it wouldn't ship until May 25th, now it has a working tracking number and has shipped.

Check your status, yours might have shipped too!

-Justin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    The MacBookPro is available in black ???

...just harrassing you... how cool that they actually announced a product and shipped it the same week!
  • Reply 2 of 33
    Sorry I've been so used to typing MBP I can't get used to MB. I guess I was too happy to proofread
  • Reply 3 of 33
    justdoitjustdoit Posts: 44member
    When I placed my order they originally quoted me:

Ship Date: May 25th

Delivery Date: June 2nd

UPDATED TO:

Ship Date: May 18th

New Delivery Date: May 23rd!!!

Order Date: May 16th

Ordered: Black MacBook 2GHZ, 2GB ram, 120GB HD

Apple has been great with email updates! I'm shocked how fast my order has been processed and shipped. It just left Alaska! headed for Oregon!
  • Reply 4 of 33
    FedEx tracking says it will be delivered 10:30am on the 24th for me.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    I paid the extra amount to have 2 day shipping and my MacBook was shipped yesterday (May 19th) and FedEx's estimated delivery date is May 24th. Shouldn't I be getting it on Monday (May 22) or Tuesday (May 23) the latest?
  • Reply 6 of 33
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    I paid the extra amount as well, but it was 2-3 day shipping. It says 2 day on the order confirmation, but when you bought it, it said 2-3 day.

Two day shipping takes two days after the day it was sent. If it was next day, it would be monday. There is nothing you can do about it now anyway. Besides it was only $18, next day would have been $100 if they offered it.
  • Reply 7 of 33
    I just checked my tracking for my MacBook and it says that it is currently in Lubbock, TX. I am from Abilene, TX which is only about 3 hours away from Lubbock. The estimated delivery still says May 24th but do you all think that it could be possible that I'll get it tomorrow? I hope so
  • Reply 8 of 33
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by themachines04

I just checked my tracking for my MacBook and it says that it is currently in Lubbock, TX. I am from Abilene, TX which is only about 3 hours away from Lubbock. The estimated delivery still says May 24th but do you all think that it could be possible that I'll get it tomorrow? I hope so

Its on a truck...heading for Atlanta...so it can be flown back to Abilene.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    Just wondering. I live in the U.S. Tomorrow is Monday, whitch is Memorial Day. Does FedEx still ship on holdiays?
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

Just wondering. I live in the U.S. Tomorrow is Monday, whitch is Memorial Day. Does FedEx still ship on holdiays?

I thought Memorial Day was on the 29th?
  • Reply 11 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

Its on a truck...heading for Atlanta...so it can be flown back to Abilene.

????
  • Reply 12 of 33
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

????

its a joke. anytime you are waiting and waiting for something, it always takes forever.
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Quote:

I thought Memorial Day was on the 29th?

It is. I'm sorry. My mistake. \
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Yep, Mine left Memphis a couple hours ago. Still says the 24th at 10:30am.
  • Reply 15 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

Yep, Mine left Memphis a couple hours ago.

So did mine.

Quote:

Still says the 24th at 10:30am.

I think mine says the 23rd at 12PM.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    Maybe mine will change
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Quote:

Maybe mine will change

Yeah, sometimes, they arrive early.
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Really? I have never had a package under the class Direct Distribution. I usually get next day air, which can't really come early .
  • Reply 19 of 33
    Holy crap, it just now arrived in Tallahassee, where I live. It could come in the morning!
  • Reply 20 of 33
    Quote:

Really? I have never had a package under the class Direct Distribution. I usually get next day air, which can't really come early .

Ah, okay. My mistake.

Quote:

Holy crap, it just now arrived in Tallahassee, where I live. It could come in the morning!

Mine is still in transit from Tennessee.