Supposed to ship May 25th, Shiped Today

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    As of 6:56am my status it "At local sort facility". The date didn't change but I called fedex and they said that if it there it come today.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

As of 6:56am my status it "At local sort facility". The date didn't change but I called fedex and they said that if it there it come today.

As of 10:23 PM last night, mine's at a "dest sort facility" in Columbia, SC. I live about two hours away. I'll probably get it tomorrow.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    As of 7:36 this morning, mine is at "FedEx Destination". I hope it gets here today
  • Reply 24 of 33
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    I just got mine .

FedEx.com still says estimated delivery the 24th, but I have it now.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:

I just got mine .

FedEx.com still says estimated delivery the 24th, but I have it now.

Mine just arrived, too!

*Runs around the room squealing*

Now, how do I cycle the battery for maximum performance?
  • Reply 26 of 33
    I got mine too
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

Mine just arrived, too!

*Runs around the room squealing*

Now, how do I cycle the battery for maximum performance?

What my brother does for his battery is he takes it out whenever he is just at his desk and just uses the AC charger to power it. He says it doesn't drain the battery
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by themachines04

What my brother does for his battery is he takes it out whenever he is just at his desk and just uses the AC charger to power it. He says it doesn't drain the battery

Ah, cool. I'll have to try that.

I was referring to something that's done the first time you use it. Something about charging it. Draining it dry. Then charging the battery. It somehow sets it or something.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    You just use the computer until it days. Wait like 4 hours. Then recharge. It takes the battery to nearly completely zero charge and then fills it back up. It basically resets zero charge to truely zero charge. I wonder if you need to do it to these since they were just made though. I know it is reccommended when buying computers that sat on the shelf for weeks or months, but I don't know about these. You can do it any time.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Haven't they gotten beyond that, yet? I just bought a electric-assist bicycle; the battery on it has no memory or anything, so it doesn't matter how you use it or charge it, it will work.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:

You just use the computer until it days. Wait like 4 hours. Then recharge. It takes the battery to nearly completely zero charge and then fills it back up. It basically resets zero charge to truely zero charge. I wonder if you need to do it to these since they were just made though. I know it is reccommended when buying computers that sat on the shelf for weeks or months, but I don't know about these. You can do it any time.

Yeah. but won't the energy saver put the 'book to sleep before it fully drains?

So I:

Charge it.

Fully drain it.

And charge it again.

?
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Copied from apple support:

PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD), MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Pro (17-inch)

The battery calibration for the PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD) and any model of MacBook or MacBook Pro has been updated because of a new battery released with this computer. With these computers, follow these steps to calibrate your battery:

Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook's battery until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.

Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours. You may use your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.

Disconnect the power adapter with the computer still on and start running the computer off battery power. You may use your computer during this time. When your battery gets low, you will see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.

Continue to keep your computer on until it goes to sleep. Save all your work and close all applications when the battery gets very low, before the computer goes to sleep.

Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.

Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.

Tip: When the battery reaches "empty", the computer is forced into sleep mode. The battery actually keeps back a reserve beyond "empty", to maintain the computer in sleep for a period of time. Once the battery is truly exhausted, the computer is forced to shut down. At this point, with the safe sleep function introduced in the PowerBook G4 (15-inch Double-Layer SD) computers, the computer's memory contents have been saved to the hard drive. When power is restored, the computer returns itself to its pre-sleep state using the safe sleep image on the hard drive.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86284
  • Reply 33 of 33
    I did it to my powerbook a couple weeks before the MBP came out.

Since the last model powerbook all of there notebooks have support hotswapping battery. Basically what windows calls hiberation. Copies the ram to the hard drive and shuts down. If I remember reading right the computer has a second small battery that has enough power to perform this. Before you didn't have to wait 4 or 5 hours, now you do becuase of that.