which one should i get?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
hi im 15 and have decided to get my very own mac, but theres one problem... i have no idea which one to get, i like all the usual web browsing and emailing but im also into creating music and movies and editing pictures, oh and some gaming sessions. so i looked through apples website and have weighed it down to three competitors, the imac, the emac and the mac mini. but which one whould i get? thanx (oh p.s i dont really want a laptop lol)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    buy a refurbished 17" iMac (intel) 1.83 core duo for $1099 from the apple refurb store (go to apple.com and click store, then look for the red tag on the left side). Buy some more memory from newegg.com. You can't beat the value and it'll do everything you want.

eMac - you don't want it, its powerpc and old.

mac mini - nice but you mentioned gaming, integrated graphics won't suit you.

iMac - perfect for your needs
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

buy a refurbished 17" iMac (intel) 1.83 core duo for $1099 from the apple refurb store (go to apple.com and click store, then look for the red tag on the left side). Buy some more memory from newegg.com. You can't beat the value and it'll do everything you want.

eMac - you don't want it, its powerpc and old.

mac mini - nice but you mentioned gaming, integrated graphics won't suit you.

iMac - perfect for your needs

I definitely agree with this. It will be perfect for you.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes the iMac is the ticket but do NOT skimp on memory--make SURE you buy at LEAST a gig. It'll probably be like 30 bucks or less and double the speed if you have the standard amount.

Check this site to get the BEST price: www.dealram.com
  • Reply 4 of 8
    kitt123kitt123 Posts: 18member
    thanx guys that was a real help and ive got some good news.... IVE ORDERED MY MAC!!!! its a 20" imac brand new, not refurb (my parents wanted to buy me a computer that would last me a whilw so they dont mind shelling out the extra couple of hundred, and im going to upgrade the ram by myself once i get it. ooo i cant wait
  • Reply 5 of 8
    fooeyfooey Posts: 52member
    your parents bought you one ?!?!

Man where can i get some refurbished parents?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by fooey

your parents bought you one ?!?!

Man where can i get some refurbished parents?

• Reply 7 of 8
    kitt123kitt123 Posts: 18member
    ive cheked my order number and it says my imac has been dispached!!, cant wait until it arrives then i can finally get this windows box out the ......... well window haha
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Don't worry you will love it. I myself have recently bought the same computer and do the same things as you. I have 1 gig of RAM and am looking to see where I can get another gig for about 40 bucks. The screen looks HUGE at first on your desk. Sometimes I actually have to move my head to clearly see the whole screen...ik its said lol.

O and be prepared to use the computer a lot more now that you have a Mac. It is fun just doing nothing on these computers lol.