MBP warranty

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What is the best way to get my Mac fixed. I have a dot on the screen that seems to be dirt under the film. It is driving me nuts with the dot and shadow of the dirt. Should I take it to the apple store or another place? Also how long does it take to get repaired?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    sounds like a stuck pixel....probably can't do anything unless you have 4 or more (for a repair). go to the store and exchange for another one if it bugs ya.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    biotechbiotech Posts: 20member
    It's not just one pixal its a bunch if you want to put it that way. What do you mean exchange i bought it back in march.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by BioTech

It's not just one pixal its a bunch if you want to put it that way. What do you mean exchange i bought it back in march.

ah, i thought recent purchase. i guess you could bring it in and see if they will fix it with your apple care.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    biotechbiotech Posts: 20member
    What is the turn around time on getting it fixed? Also will the apple store in the mall do this or do they mail it off?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by BioTech

What is the turn around time on getting it fixed? Also will the apple store in the mall do this or do they mail it off?

only the store knows that.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    debenmdebenm Posts: 99member
    apple is pretty quick on the turn around. I was in Arizona, had a problem with my powerbook, dropped it at an apple store and it was waiting for me in CA when I got home 3 or 4 days later.