Second "Mac Pro" filing by Apple surfaces

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I thought Mac Pro was simple, but I think I would prefer to see the Macintosh name resurrected for their best computer. I like Macintosh Pro, or Pro Macintosh rather than Mac Pro. It's not very distinguishing.

I agree. "Mac" is so bourgeois.
  • Reply 22 of 52
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

MacTablet... or...or... Macblet!!!

Now that is just not funny \
  • Reply 23 of 52
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    I'm not surprised that the iMac is the only one left with an i. The word iMac penetrated the public mind long before the iPod. Plus both the iPod and iMac are meant for the individual.
  • Reply 24 of 52
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Become educated?

Takes time to educate joe user. Sure you can pick up a flyer... and look. But it's not going to be concrete in their mind until after some time.
  • Reply 25 of 52
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

Takes time to educate joe user. Sure you can pick up a flyer... and look. But it's not going to be concrete in their mind until after some time.

It's better than an "Apple Xpv 500x24 pptt xmtiiyypphbdyd 500XSi"
  • Reply 26 of 52
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Become educated?

Thats too hard I want everything to be easy! the man is holding us down with their superior computert knoledge waaa!

/sarcasum
  • Reply 27 of 52
    Why not call it the UberMac? or Mac-Daddy? or the Nik-Nak-pady-Mac?

Afterthought: Drop the whole Mac thing, call it the PimpZilla!
  • Reply 28 of 52
    drlogicdrlogic Posts: 1member
    Mac Book mini

Any takers?
  • Reply 29 of 52
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    OK, I think I'm sold on PimpZilla!
  • Reply 30 of 52
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TenoBell

It should be no surprise that the Power Mac will become the Mac Pro.

Hopefully we will see a smaller desktop machine simply called the Mac.

o o not again a Mac evangelist
  • Reply 31 of 52
    akhomerunakhomerun Posts: 386member
    makes sense that apple's removing "power" since they no longer use the "power" architecture.

The same way that the iMac was changed from iMac G5, "Power Macintosh" came out to distinguish the new macs with PowerPC chips from the old Macintosh computers with the 68k chips.

So in the sense of its original intent, the "power" name no longer represents what's inside the computer.

...not that macs have lost their "power"
  • Reply 32 of 52
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    I think they should have stuck with iBook, instead of MacBook. It just makes sense - iMac and iBook are the consumer level products. Unless.....Hmmmmmm.....maybe there IS and iBook out there still waiting to be released? A sub-$1000 laptop? Core solo? Just hoping.....for the sake of Apple's bottom line.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    Apple should go with Mac Express Pro or Express Mac Pro!
  • Reply 34 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubert

maybe there IS and iBook out there still waiting to be released? A sub-$1000 laptop? Core solo? Just hoping.....for the sake of Apple's bottom line.

While part of me agrees with you, I have to suggest (sarcasticly) that Lexus and Mercadies start competing head on with the Chevy Avao, how can Lexus or Mercadies survive without a sub-$10,000 compact car?
  • Reply 35 of 52
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Extreme Turbo Mac Express Pro Ultra Edition, now with MegaPowerOmniBus? and SuperSymetricHyperLinking?.

The ad campaign tag line: "Die, puny earthlings!"

Say it with me.
  • Reply 36 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Extreme Turbo Mac Express Pro Ultra Edition, now with MegaPowerOmniBus? and SuperSymetricHyperLinking?.

The ad campaign tag line: "Die, puny earthlings!"

Say it with me.

• Reply 37 of 52
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Honestly the whole idea that Power stands for PowerPC is not really well known amongst most people. Power can just as easily stand for the fact that the PowerMac is powerful compared to the consumer products. PowerMac is just such a great name in my opinion.

I do think apple needs a more consumer oriented tower that they could perhaps call the Mac pro. It is sort of a logical progression from the iMac to the Mac Pro to the PowerMac. Power is a much stronger word than Pro. I think if they want to change the name of the powermac it should ProMac and not Mac Pro. Then they can have a ProMac and a ProMac extreme or something.

basically the mac pro would be an imac in tower form that was upgradeable while the powermac or whatever they call it would have the conroe CPUs and have more expansion/RAM slots etc.
  • Reply 38 of 52
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    WHOA I TOTALLY HAD NO CLUE THEY'D BE CALLING IT THE MAC PRO
  • Reply 39 of 52
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Apple is beginning to show it's age. How boring. ::: runs away :::
  • Reply 40 of 52
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sutekhaco

iMac -> Mac?

Mac+