i Tunes acting wierd...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
my i tunes suddenlly open it self..even if i quit it...it just keep opening again and again...it wont quit..it takes about a minute to open after i quit it...

i tried force quit from task manager...but it still doesnt help..it keep opening again and again...wierd huh?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iM-0N

my i tunes suddenlly open it self..even if i quit it...it just keep opening again and again...it wont quit..it takes about a minute to open after i quit it...

i tried force quit from task manager...but it still doesnt help..it keep opening again and again...wierd huh?

Are you using Front Row? Do you have an iPod connected? Have you tried rebooting the computer to see if that helps?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    archstudentarchstudent Posts: 262member
    I cannot think of any reason why itunes would do this... firstly have you tried rebooting? Also you might want to try deleting itunes' preference file.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    have a wierd iTunes aswell..

when I quit, it is still listed in task manager, and won't relaunch, although I can play from my library, I am having trouble accessing the store, extremely slow, though the net connection is working at full speed elsewhere -

i have the latest version 6.0.4 downloaded a couple of days ago.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    I know others have posted this before-- either here or at the Applenova forums. You may try searching there.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    im getting the error

"iTunes could not connect to the music store, the network connection was terminated unexpectedly

Make sure your network connection is active and try again"

but it is active, because im bloody posting here about it at the same time!
  • Reply 6 of 15
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Any firewalls between you and the iTMS? Your computer, router, ISP... any one of those could be blocking iTMS traffic accidentally.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    im-0nim-0n Posts: 47member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AgNuke1707

Are you using Front Row? Do you have an iPod connected? Have you tried rebooting the computer to see if that helps?

my ipod is not connected, what is a frontrow...? is it something like in the toolbar? yes there is an application called "gimme some tunes"...mybe it was a bug.. rebooting desnt work, but i dont know why, the problem's gone...

but more problem suddenly come, my itunes could not play a cd, when i tried importing from cd to mp3 it crashed, even i force to quit it wont quit...

then i quit the process from the task manager, it just closed, but the dock still tells me the i tunes is working..it took long time...till it quit perfectly...

but after i re insert the cd it worked, wierd...is it my dvd room or just because the itunes?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    1st my itunes, now my mail wont quit too...i press ctrl Q it just closed the window....it wont quit even if i stop the procces... i think my mac is in a big trouble...
  • Reply 9 of 15
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iM-0N

1st my itunes, now my mail wont quit too...i press ctrl Q it just closed the window....it wont quit even if i stop the procces... i think my mac is in a big trouble...

Okay, can you tell us 1) What kind of computer you're using, 2) What version of the OS you have and whether or not you have the restore disks or a retail copy of OS X, 3) Have you backed up your data?, and 4) Do you have more than one user account?

It could be that something in your user account is corrupted, in which case we can try creating a new user to see if the problem arises under a new user.

Follow these steps, then get back to us and let us know what's up...

1) Go to System Preferences and click on Accounts

2) On the left side of the window you should see a list of the accounts on your computer; click the lock on the bottom left of the window and enter your password so you can make changes

3) Click the "+" symbol below the list of users

4) Name the user whatever you want, but you may find it easier to enter test or user for everything, even the password since we're just experimenting here.

5) Make sure you click the "Allow user to adminiter this computer" button

6) When that's done, click "OK" and you'll see your new user in the list. Log out of OS X by going to the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and dragging to "Log Out..."

7) Sign in under the new user whenever the login screen appears

8) A new user environment will appear on your screen. Try opening iTunes and Mail and see if they work. You'll need to establish you account in mail again and import something into iTunes, but you should be able to see if this fixes the problem. If it does, then that means your other user has some bad data in it preventing those apps from working correctly

Try this and get back to us ... good luck!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Any firewalls between you and the iTMS? Your computer, router, ISP... any one of those could be blocking iTMS traffic accidentally.

I checked my firewall, its fine

I can still bring up the iTMS, but for instance, it has been loading it for about 10 minutes now, must be at about 1 byte a minute!

Im wondering if my ISP has suddenly blocked it - I was sent a message last week about them restructuring network traffic to balance the bandwith of all users, but for the life of me I cant imagine restricting the iTMS is going to make them popular...infact I'll head over to their forums to see if anyone is bitching.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    project2501project2501 Posts: 433member
    Your firewall or your net line is very unlikely to make your iTunes not to work, because, iTunes should work well without net altogether. Try disconnecting your mac from net then opening itunes, if problems continue, you know it's not your network. Also try correcting your rights, in disk utility.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    MarcUK is having problems *specifically* with iTMS. ie, network is suspect.

iM-0N is having problems with iTunes *in general*. ie, network is probably not suspect.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    is definately my network. I am at full speed in everything else on the net, but iTunes Store is just so slow.

I checked iTunes Store at work (using a different ISP) and it is fine. So I should suspect my ISP.

Can an ISP deliberately make connections to iTMS really slow?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    i only use single user, my os is the latest now, 10.46, powermac dual core g5 ...

anyway my i tunes worked just fine ... but sometimes the mail is just took long to quit..u have to waited..thats all...
  • Reply 15 of 15
    argghhh my i tunes...its actin wierd again...damn....ok ill try too make new account and...well see