Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 242
    Sure the mini, MacBook Pro, and iMac look exactly like their PPC versions, the Mac Pro or whatever it's called should look different. Back when this giant cheese grater was introduced, it was understood that the design had to accomodate a lot of heat. The thing itself is huge.

Personally, I liked the design of the G4 powermacs. They were cool looking, functional, and easy to pick up without slicing your hands. So maybe a design like a giant mac mini isn't too far off the wall, though it would have to have handles. All of the pro machines by apple have handles.
  • Reply 42 of 242
    I was checking out these neat computers I got in an e-mail http://www.falcon-nw.com/ while I prefer Apple I kind of like some of the things they offer but if we compare them to Apple... it would make Apple feel cheap (j/k)

check out this pic (I like this custom paint/sticker/whatever) http://www.falcon-nw.com/images/ICON_BlueFairy_hi.jpg

and this one http://www.falcon-nw.com/images/ICON_Dragon_hi.jpg

(I like dragons)

One thing I don't like is that the case is freaking huge!!!

Btw this company offers a lot of upgrades and add-ons but the thing I wasn't expecting to see was an option for an Apple Cinema Display... I thought that was pretty cool

anyways I want to see more mock ups
  • Reply 43 of 242
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
  • Reply 44 of 242
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Darth_Apple

check out this pic (I like this custom paint/sticker/whatever) http://www.falcon-nw.com/images/ICON_BlueFairy_hi.jpg

Breasts.
  • Reply 45 of 242
    bah.

if iMac looked the same, PowerB... i mean, Mac Book Pros looked almost the same... I think Mac Pros will be very very similar. It's a great design, the current one.

where are the mock-ups? we're on page two and only 1 serious mockup???
  • Reply 46 of 242
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

where are the mock-ups? we're on page two and only 1 serious mockup???

I'm wondering the same thing. At least we've got one good one, so far.

To those posting pictures of generic PC cases: They're not freakin' mock-ups. Stop it! Download SketchUp and get to work posting your results.
  • Reply 47 of 242
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    OK - not mine, but nice:

http://www.applele.com/pict_05powermac_r01.html

Just hope that there will be a smaller version, in terms of the size of a case - the current PM is huge.
  • Reply 48 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

It wouldn't suprise me if the New Powermac will be very similar to the current G5 design. It will have an IR port.

Why an IR port? That's so 90's..
  • Reply 49 of 242
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

Why an IR port? That's so 90's..

welcome to the 90s. our macbooks, minis and macbook pros all sport IR ports for FrontRow.
  • Reply 50 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

welcome to the 90s. our macbooks, minis and macbook pros all sport IR ports for FrontRow.

Ah, for some reason I thought Bluetooth was used...
  • Reply 51 of 242
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think they'll keep the same case, but I'm partial to the Thermaltake Suprano

I've seen it painted in a high gloss yelow, red, and a green and they all looked awesome.
  • Reply 52 of 242
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

Ah, for some reason I thought Bluetooth was used...

For the keyboard and mouse, but the remote control interfaces through the iSight using IR.
  • Reply 53 of 242
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:

and this one http://www.falcon-nw.com/images/ICON_Dragon_hi.jpg

(I like dragons)

Sorry but what is this, Pimp my PC?
  • Reply 54 of 242
    westwest Posts: 34member
    I think that just like the other Intel Macs recently introduced that have kept their same case design, the new Mac Pro will do the same. I think for the first generation of the Intel machines, Apple is keeping the same designs as their PPC counterparts, so, in a way, to not scare people off. They want all the loyal Apple customers, as well as new ones to not feel like the company, the computers, the software or anything else, is really changing, besides the CPU. It would kind of freak people out if all of a sudden, Macs are not only using Intel chips, but also look completely different. They want people to realize that even with an Intel chip, they're still Macs. That being said, I think after a year or so (hopefully) we will see some new case designs for all of the unchanged computers (especially the MBPs).
  • Reply 55 of 242
    mambo06mambo06 Posts: 23member
    Ok this is a totally serious mockup I've just made quickly (sorry for the imperfections):

sorry i couldn't resist.

(by the way, the apple logo is something i made a while ago --> see below -->

• Reply 56 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Breasts.

I saw some once.
  • Reply 57 of 242
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Back in the 90s.

---

Just had a thought: what if Apple allows the new pro models to actually run MAcOS and Windows simultaneously, natively?
  • Reply 58 of 242
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

I was checking out these neat computers I got in an e-mail http://www.falcon-nw.com/ while I prefer Apple I kind of like some of the things they offer but if we compare them to Apple... it would make Apple feel cheap (j/k)

That is the most over-the-top gratuitous use of excessive Flash animation I have ever seen on a website. Insufferable. EVERYTHING on the whole page moves whenever you click anything. And their pointless animations waste copious quantities of my time. Blech.

Oh, and their computers? I dunno -- I was unable to focus on them mostly, but I thing the ones that whizzed by were pretty awful looking.
  • Reply 59 of 242
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by Bergermeister

Just had a thought: what if Apple allows the new pro models to actually run MAcOS and Windows simultaneously, natively?

What if Apple actually gave a damn about the HUGE market called small-medium-large enterprise??

[not insulting you BergerM just voicing my frustration. Apple is on track with Intel virtualization, parallels, and bootcamp to do windows and mac os x simultaneously and for the two OS's to talk to each other pretty well. It's all in place, and where it will really start to make a dent is the business market. Too bad apple doesn't give a flying f*** about that market with huge switching potential]
  • Reply 60 of 242
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by chris v

That is the most over-the-top gratuitous use of excessive Flash animation I have ever seen on a website. Insufferable. EVERYTHING on the whole page moves whenever you click anything. And their pointless animations waste copious quantities of my time. Blech.

I thought that was a first-class Flash site. The kind you don't see nowadays but the killer-app type Flash stuff Flash designers dream of since the early 2000's. IMO, Brilliant. Seriously. Smooth, slick, consistent. By the way, Flash designers mostly care about making the coolest, best whiz-bang Flash site out there. Usability can go to hell along with the layperson-users of the site

Originally posted by chris v

Oh, and their computers? I dunno -- I was unable to focus on them mostly, but I thing the ones that whizzed by were pretty awful looking.

Their computers though, another matter. Absolutely hideous, even by PC-fanboi Overclocking-psychopathic standards. But they do sell okay to a certain market segment and they've been around for a while.