What Mobile Phone Do You Use?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    Treo 650 for work week

Pantech C300 for evening and weekends.

• Reply 22 of 40
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    To be honest, I use the Motorola V180, it's a really simple little phone but it has really good sound quality for the calls and a speakerphone which is pretty much all I ask a cell phone to do anyway.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    project2501project2501 Posts: 433member
    Nokia 9300, so far the best phone I've had, small but still the qwerty keyboard is very usable. I write notes to myself frequently + sometimes random SMS, and when you get used to qwerty keyboard, nothing else compares after that. Of course there is always things to improve, but they are very minor. Camera might be something someone would like, but I don't think I would use it anyways.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Moto i730. Do not like.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

RAZR... can't say I use the features, but it fits in my change pocket and that is all I needed...

exactly. i didn't want anything more than a phone that makes calls, has bluetooth, and doesn't fill up my pocket (both height and width).
  • Reply 26 of 40
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Razr V3C for Verizon
  • Reply 27 of 40
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Currently:

I will be upgrading to (when it comes out):

• Reply 28 of 40
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    w600i

I like

-bluetooth

-case design

-rubbery grips

-I can upload stuff via bluetooth and use MP3's as ringtones

-iSync compatibility

I don't like

-it's thick as hell

-it crashes my mac when connected via USB

-bluetooth w/ my handsfree sucks
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

The slimness of the Razr, is a very good thing. I would love if I could make a call on it with 100% confidence that it wouldn't lose its signal. I brought the first two back becuse they froze, and now this, and I take care of my stuff! I'm just too not bothered bringing this one back, I'll hold out for the iPhone.

I can absolutely guarantee you that any dropped calls are because of your carrier.

My RAZR has the best reception of any phone I've ever used, even in a city where my carrier is notoriously weak (Cingular in Baltimore). I've only ever had two fuzzy calls?one of which was underground on the New York subway.

The only problem I have with the RAZR is the crappy screen (you can't see it at all in daylight) and that the speaker is too quiet... I always ask people to repeat things.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I have a RAZR. It's sturdiness and thinness are great. My only gripe is that I somehow have managed to get dust/dirt on the INSIDE of the main screen. I don't know if it went in through the ear speaker hole or through the side, but no more than a couple weeks after I got it I noticed the stuff inside. It won't move and I can't figure out how one would get it out. It does make it hard to read the screen outside, though.

I have that too! I thought it was a screw up at the factory.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I have a Ericsson T68.

- was cheap even years ago when I bought it

- looks pretty bad

- poor UI and display

- Bluetooth and GPRS

- syncs fine with iSync

- Bluetooth breaks every minute or so when I try to get on the net

I'm not sure if the problem is with the phone, the iBook, OS X or the service provider. I'm going to test with a friend's phone soonish. If it turns out T68 is the guilty party, I'll buy a new phone ASAP. The only must-haves are BT sync and net access but I'm slowly opening up to having more features on the phone like MP3 player, decent camera, etc. Call and dictation recording would be great as well if they worked right. I'd really like an automatic record option (record every call) and a way to transfer the recordings to computer. The T68 can record but it's rather useless when I can't get the recording out of it and starting record takes many seconds of menu browsing per call. Also I'd like a camera that does not make a click sound.

SE K750i seems like the best value phone with camera and music. Of course I could just go with the cheapest available Bluetooth phone again.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Still using my Siemens S55 for its ease of use wrt menus, iSyncability and size/shape.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

I have a Ericsson T68.

When I was on T-Mobile, I had the T68i, which was like $50 with the plan. I got dropped signals all over the place--even if I just bent over to pick something up. Eventually, the plug for the power got terribly iffy (it was 6s whether it'd charge when I plugged it in) and then my wife dropped a glad on it and cracked the screen.

Still works, though.

Now I'm waiting out the last couple of months of my Sprint contract (goes month to month in Oct) with my Samsung SPH-A660. In Oct, we'll switch to Cingular, Verizon, or T-Mobile.

I hate Sprint.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    evilmoleevilmole Posts: 43member
    T-Mobile MDA Compact 2 running Windows Mobile 5. Syncs to my Mac beautifully with the beta version of Missing Sync.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    For the RAZR Owners:

Next time you're using you're RAZR, check to see where you are holding the phone. The RAZR is the first phone to have the antenna in the microphone area of the phone, so if you're holding it towards the bottom you're going to drop more phone calls than normal because you're covering up the antenna. Try holding it in the middle of the phone or closer to the top and see how the reception/dropped calls works out for you. I just got the phone the other day and the salesperson pointed this out to me... I haven't had one dropped call yet and I'm on T-Mobile (which isnt the best carrier... BUT CHEAP!)

Hope that helps!!
  • Reply 36 of 40
    yo man, slvr all the way.

the speaker for itunes/speakerphone could be a little louder....
  • Reply 37 of 40
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

When I was on T-Mobile, I had the T68i

My last phone was a T68i with cingular - no problems at all with reception. I gave it to my teenage daughter, and she could not break it no matter how much she abused it.

The power adapter has also held up well.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

My last phone was a T68i with cingular - no problems at all with reception. I gave it to my teenage daughter, and she could not break it no matter how much she abused it.

The power adapter has also held up well.

She is clearly only an amateur when it comes to breaking cell phones. My wife is a pro.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    LG VX7000. A tad chunky, but large external LCD, straightforward layout, good audio quality and apparently indestructible. More than once I've bent over and had it fly out of my shirt pocket and go bouncing down stairs or skittering across the street. It barely even scratches.

Plus, it does this freaky little thing with colored LEDs when you get an incoming call, which I think is only proper.