Four Adobe InDesign CS3 features revealed

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by skatman

Looks like I'll have to hit Bit Torrent about 2 weeks before it's released in stores... :-)

Naughty, naughty, naughty, ...
  • Reply 22 of 28
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Well, I'm pretty much over Quarks past problems, it seems they've learned their lessons, and I'm going to be checking out Xpress - I've played with the beta, and I really like the interface quite a bit more than dealing with InDesigns millions of palletes.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Quote:

CS3 shipping before Vista's finished? Possible, but it seems unlikely.

Why, has Adobe been holding back Indesign 3 for 3 years now?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Why, has Adobe been holding back Indesign 3 for 3 years now?

InDesign 3 is already out, I even have InDesign 4 at work. CS 3 is the third version of the Creative Suite which will be InDesign 5, Illustrator 13, PhotoShop 10, Image Ready (?), Bridge 2 (?). A lot easier to market them as a suite with the same numbering than the mismach of version numbers of all the products that come with the suite, which is how most people probably buy the programs.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Whups, I meant CS3. My previous comment was just to point out that if Adobe held back releases for Microsoft's Vista, they'd have released no new products or updates since 2003 when Vista was originally scheduled to ship.... :P
  • Reply 26 of 28
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Whups, I meant CS3. My previous comment was just to point out that if Adobe held back releases for Microsoft's Vista, they'd have released no new products or updates since 2003 when Vista was originally scheduled to ship.... :P

That makes sense. I don't think it makes sense to tie the release of any software to an operating system that's not yet shipping, unless you are paid a huge sum to do so, and I think that would have to be a huge sum for Vista. I can't imagine making the software specify a new operating system until it has been accepted for a year or you have a vested interest in promoting the operating system and not the software. Apple does that, and Microsoft does, but Adobe doesn't have an OS.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    beatmakerbeatmaker Posts: 57member
    Great. New features to sloooow down my CS even more so than its unbearibly done now.

I'll settle for a speed increase of about 250%. Now THAT is something worth upgrading for!
  • Reply 28 of 28
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Well, I'm pretty much over Quarks past problems, it seems they've learned their lessons, and I'm going to be checking out Xpress - I've played with the beta, and I really like the interface quite a bit more than dealing with InDesigns millions of palletes.

Now that Quark is under new management, I think they have truely made an effort to remedy their past mistakes (educational pricing, new features, improved interface, better PhotoShop integration, etc.)

I haven't used version 7 yet, but one this I have always hated about Quark is all the tedious menu crawling you have to do. I MUCH prefer pallettes to menus for most things... so much faster to access. Now that Xpress finally has a contextual pallette, maybe I will not feel so constrained by the interface...

Still, Im sticking to InDesign for most projects (at least the ones I dont have to work on collaboratively with my Xpress-Centric coworkers)