Who's waiting for the new iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I know I am. All I want is 80 gigs for the price of the current 60. That's all I want.

Anybody else waiting, and what feature are you waiting for, or are you just waiting to see what Apple comes up with next?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    I'm waiting for the larger capacity Nano (6GB or 8GB).

Hopefully this is soon and not september.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Bigger HDs, yeah, but first give me better play-back time on the video, perhaps by adding flash memory onto the flash when showing. Would save energy wasted by spinning the HD the whole time

Also: please use harder plastic in the construction. The iPods scratch too easily(thus a lucrative 3rd-party business). Or at least ship them with a screen protecto already on the device (my cel phone was shipped like this).
  • Reply 3 of 40
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

...Or at least ship them with a screen protecto already on the device (my cel phone was shipped like this).

My black 5G iPod came with a plastic protector on it. It's perfect as a screen protector so I left it on the screen. I can overlook the couple of tiny bubbles up in the corners.
  • Reply 4 of 40
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    I'm waiting for a 100 gig iPod nano. It's going to be a long wait
  • Reply 5 of 40
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I'm waiting for an iPod with a microphone and line in.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    I'm waiting for real battery life on any of the video models... the current battery life is pathetic.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    111adam111adam Posts: 14member
    i'm waiting for a ipod touch, widescreen. hope it comes out!!

Adam--
  • Reply 8 of 40
    iPod nano with video, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

if I look at my pictures on my nano's screen I wouldn't mind watching videos as well.

but that probably won't happen until the nano has at least 10GB and by then maybe the whole nano's face will be touch screen based.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    i won't upgrade for anything less than full-screen video.

then i will upgrade in a heartbeat!
  • Reply 10 of 40
    im waiting for the next ipod announcment HOPEFULLY video/touchscreen/widescreen. but if not that then i'll opt for whatever the latest ipod video is. i bought an ipod phot a few months before the video was announced!!! argh
  • Reply 11 of 40
    untsiguntsig Posts: 47member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trendannoyer

im waiting for the next ipod announcment HOPEFULLY video/touchscreen/widescreen. but if not that then i'll opt for whatever the latest ipod video is. i bought an ipod phot a few months before the video was announced!!! argh

yeah i've been waiting forever to get a new one as well.

my last one was a mini back when they first came out! it got stolen like a yr ago and since i've been waiting for something amazing (like a touchscreen/widescreen video iPod) that'd be nice
  • Reply 12 of 40
    mstrhnkymstrhnky Posts: 4member
    I have to decide when to buy an iPod. i'm getting married in October and will be using it instead of having a DJ.

I can get the 30GB video now, or wait and see if an updated iPod comes out. I'm willing to wait until August 1st, and then i'll have to get something.

Do you think a refresh will happen before then?
  • Reply 13 of 40
    jellejelle Posts: 5member
    Hello,

It would be nice if Apple came up with an "iPod Ã* la carte" formule. So that you can configure your own iPod, from color>design to the size of your harddrive an battery. For example, I like the looks of my 3th gen iPod or that of the 1th gen Combine this with a 100 Gb Harddrive. Also i like my ipod to be a little fatter like the first ones.

This would be nice!

Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

I know I am. All I want is 80 gigs for the price of the current 60. That's all I want.

Anybody else waiting, and what feature are you waiting for, or are you just waiting to see what Apple comes up with next?

• Reply 14 of 40
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i think the hybrid nand flash HD ipod with BT--WIFI--Safari but with screen like the palm life drive. that would be everything..much better battery life...it could be used as moble entertainment center...business people would eat it up since as they travel they carry "all that matters" with them

why can't the next ipod can be used to redefine "time shifting" much more access then even now.

actually we need to ask what's the ipod strategy sure the nano will get mor gb,it's easy to add HD size... but where is the future of the ipod. as more and more phones get mp3 playback (still big dollars) and as high speed networks grow (certainly not there yet)

what about the screen being as big as the unit whether it is the nano or video.can you imagine the nano with edge to edge screen???

i think that's where ipods are going larger screens, better battery life through hybrids access to the internet to buy on the move.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MstrHnky

I have to decide when to buy an iPod. i'm getting married in October and will be using it instead of having a DJ.

I can get the 30GB video now, or wait and see if an updated iPod comes out. I'm willing to wait until August 1st, and then i'll have to get something.

Do you think a refresh will happen before then?

why wait get a cheap shuffle or nano work your playlist on itunes timed to your wedding and reception. most weddings and receptions have a similar time frame of events and traditional sequence. it would take a lot of preplanning... but hey isn't that built into all weddings anyway???
  • Reply 16 of 40
    mstrhnkymstrhnky Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

why wait get a cheap shuffle or nano work your playlist on itunes timed to your wedding and reception. most weddings and receptions have a similar time frame of events and traditional sequence. it would take a lot of preplanning... but hey isn't that built into all weddings anyway???

My wedding isn't going to be "traditional".

I need to have control over the music, when it's played, skipping from folder to folder if necessary.

Plus, a 4GB nano might not be big enough to hold all the music I need (I'm going to have a lot of live DMB - large files).

I'll have different folders for each event during the wedding (before dinner, during, after, dancing, etc. If things go quickly, I need to be able to skip the rest of the folder and move on to the next. Plus, her parents are buying it for me, so I want to get at least the 30 GB video.
  • Reply 17 of 40
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MstrHnky

Plus, a 4GB nano might not be big enough to hold all the music I need (I'm going to have a lot of live DMB - large files).

I'll have different folders for each event during the wedding (before dinner, during, after, dancing, etc....

As a fellow DMB fan, that sounds really interesting. My curiosity is piqued. Wanna PM me with more details of what you're doing?
  • Reply 18 of 40
    chirhochirho Posts: 50member
    HD capabilities

FM Radio

Extended battery life during video

More inclusive for video formats (e.g. .avi, .mpg, .divx etc)

Those are to make it equal to the Muvo M:Vision

That's about all i'd expect. I dont need anything else in an mp3 player.

But it'd be awesome if the next iPod was just a giant touch screen. Would be better for watching video.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jelle

Also i like my ipod to be a little fatter like the first ones.

why on earth would u want a BIGGER ipod? most people want them smaller
  • Reply 20 of 40
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    I am.

I have the 60gig 5g black iPod for videos. But I want a bigger drive and bigger screen.

(And if Apple can make it more scratch resistant, then that would be great too.)