Post Your WWDC Prediction Details

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Apple will only use the Xeon 5100 (Woodcrest) the Xeon 5000 series is still Netburst and not Core 2 architecture.

It's unlikely that Apple would wait for WWDC to unveil new iMacs or Mac Pros. It is "still" a Developer conference and there has to be some sort of relevance there or you're wasting valuable developer time and money.

I don't think Merom is shipping in time but it's a distinct possiblity. Apple could hype the need for developers to prepare their apps for a 64-bit transition.

Mac mini...nada, a bumb wouldn't barely get a mention. iPods...wrong conference.

WWDC is a Developer conference. If i'm paying $1500 to attend (likely on my companies dime) I'm not there see the next whizbang consumer stuff. I'm there to find out how to make my apps run better and become more full functioned. Yes WWDC has launched new hardware before but in almost every case Apple ties this into a demand for the developers to take advantage of said hardware. PPC 970 required new ways of programming to take advantage and thus it was appropriate to announce at WWDC. iPods, and speed bumps do not require the same effort and should not be announced.

I know that many here have pooh-poohed my comment, but the relevance is Leopard, the first fully 64-bit OS X (with 32-bit support of course). That is relevant to developers, as will be the media center in relation to the media control extensions to be announced for Leopard.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by netdog

I know that many here have pooh-poohed my comment, but the relevance is Leopard, the first fully 64-bit OS X (with 32-bit support of course). That is relevant to developers, as will be the media center in relation to the media control extensions to be announced for Leopard.

I won't poo poo your comments. 64-bit support will be important to many developers and if Apple developed a Media Center chances are it would require new APIs because I doubt they'd use a general purpose CPU like Core Duo.
  • Reply 23 of 46
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I STILL WANT MY MAC PRO SOONER THAN WWDC JESUS CHRIST
  • Reply 24 of 46
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I feel your pain brother!
  • Reply 25 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

I am a little religious so I try my best to refrain from saying that sort of thing, but I agree with your sentiments.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    cesrivascesrivas Posts: 10member
    Leopard will be impressive... but what I want from WWDC is simple: STREAMS! STREAMS!

I would like to see that Apple post several streams from WWDC, Steve keynote plus all the State of the Union presentations (Development Tools State of the Union, Graphics and Media State of the Union, Mac OS X State of the Union) and maybe other presentation like Web Kit's Open Source Anniversary

also, it will be great if apple taped all the sessions and create some Developer DVDs and sell them at thier website and thier retial stores. That will be amazing! : )
  • Reply 27 of 46
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member

I feel your pain too but it ain't gonna happen. Sorry brotha. Live wid it.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    Blatant cross-posting of mockups but what the hell. Mac.E normal version and 50cent Education version ("Get Smart Or Die Tryin")

• Reply 29 of 46
  • Reply 30 of 46
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    nice mockup sunil
  • Reply 31 of 46
    Thanks It was JeffDM that suggested a different angle so I was able to do that it shows the product better. And SpamSandwich that suggested the 50cent thing Admittedly they won't announce educational Macs at WWDC. But Nike + Apple, 50Cent + Apple is possible...!! Wow. I have totally derailed this thread. Apologies for the self indulgence.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

This is the most accurate description of a WWDC I've ever seen. Bravo!

Then clearly none of you have not been invited to the bashes while attending WWDC. The raves are quite amazing.
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Originally posted by mdriftmeyer

Then clearly none of you have not been invited to the bashes while attending WWDC. The raves are quite amazing.

Yup, the hookers, groupies, free ecstasy, lines of coke, Jaegermeister body shots and all the booth bunnies topless, of course. Steve Jobs getting down with the peeps. Man, I wish I were an Apple developer
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by mdriftmeyer

Yup, the hookers, groupies, free ecstasy, lines of coke, Jaegermeister body shots and all the booth bunnies topless, of course. Man, I wish I were an Apple developer

<_<

>_>

*Starts saving up to go to WWDC*

^_^
  • Reply 35 of 46
    Heh... Apple: The forbidden fruit.........company
  • Reply 36 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Heh... Apple: The forbidden fruit.........company

• Reply 37 of 46
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

MBP with Merom I expect will come MWSF.

Usually this is Apple's modus operandi.

But now that the comparison's to "comparable" computers from Dell, HP, and Sony are much easier now, I don't think Apple can wait until MWSF.

I think as soon as the new chips are available, they will be in Apple's portable line. Apple really doesn't have any choice any more but to offer Intel's best chips.

(And there is some orthogonal precedent here. We saw a bump before the original Pro line came out. Again, Apple had no choice.)
  • Reply 38 of 46
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    My predictions:

1. New Cinema displays with built-in iSights

2. Mac Pros

3. Leopard Preview and a bunch of SDK's for developers.

That's it.

If I learned anything about Apple of late, it is they don't want to release too much all at once so they can spread out the revenue, not allow things to get lost in the media, and keep interest through-out the year.

Every list I have made through the years has been too long by factors. This year, I'm going to the other extreme.

I think Apple will want to focus the attention on the pro desktop line and on Leopard. That's it.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    The all new Mac Pro will be announced next month. Therefore, my prediction for WWDC is new MacBook Pros replete with Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Just MacBook Pros will be announced, other than Leopard, of course.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    wwworkwwwork Posts: 140member
    Apple has always released their new computers when they had sufficient supply of the new CPUs. I can't think of any time when they held off releasing a product for a trade show. In the past they have announced products at tradeshows that ended up shipping well after the tradeshow. If they have it they sell it.