ipod plays music through 1 headphone

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ok so i have an ipod photo...30 gig....windows formated(i made it mac formated but that didnt help) and whenever i play a song, no sound comes through the right headphone. And same with my laptop!(ibook g4 1.33ghz 512 40gig hdd)

and its not just itunes, its like the whole thing.Like, when i plug headphones into itunes and try to listen to music, theres only one heaphone with music coming out. Now when i tried this with my brother's apple earbuds, it worked on the ipod AND computer. My friend has the same problem. Do you think its our headphones or the sound card or something?

help pleeease!(yeah its under warranty btw)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    if it works perfectly with different headphones, it's definitely your headphones.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    no but like, with every pair of headphones ive tried, it doesnt work.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    You said it worked with your brother's ear buds. Did you mean the equipment that only plays through one of your headphones is fine with his ear buds. If so, see Project's post above.

In any case, I can't think of an obvious reason why you'd only be getting one channel through iTunes and the iPod except for a problem with your headphones.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Not getting a channel on both the iPod and laptop sure sounds like an earbud problem (although I am also not clear as to what's happening--do your brother's earbuds work on your iPod and laptop or not?)

Trying playing an iTunes track through the laptop's internal speakers. If both speakers play, and your earbuds only do one track, you definitely have bum earbuds.