How well does Aperture run on a 1.8 GHz iMac G5?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
After the latest update to Aperture, is anyone running it on a iMac G5 1.8 GHz? I have 2 GB ram installed if that makes any difference.

I want to purchase it but I am afraid to plop the cash out for it when I could possibly be screwing myself over with slow/crap performance. I was curious if the latest update has made enough difference anyone would recommend it for my iMac.

TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chirhochirho Posts: 50member
    pay for software!?!?!?!? pay THAT MUCH for software!?!?!?!?! *runs away screaming*
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chirho

pay for software!?!?!?!? pay THAT MUCH for software!?!?!?!?! *runs away screaming*

Yeah, it's a novel conept I know. I figure paying for it helps Apple support it for years to come with great improvements.

BOT, has anyone used the latest update on an iMac 1.8 GHz G5 or other G5 iMac?

I am trying to wait and upgrade my iMac late this year when I have seen the next generation Intel chips and a better idea of what to expect in the near future. I really don't need the update minus running Aperture (I assume) and FCP would be nicer to use on a Core Duo or better but I just want faster performance with it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've got mine on a 1.8GHz G5, seems pretty sweet to me. I got only 1GB of RAM aswell

DK
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DenverKirrane

I've got mine on a 1.8GHz G5, seems pretty sweet to me. I got only 1GB of RAM aswell

DK

My wife doesn't like your answer. Thanks!! That was the push I needed.