Post Your WWDC Prediction Details

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by BWhaler

I think as soon as the new chips are available, they will be in Apple's portable line. Apple really doesn't have any choice any more but to offer Intel's best chips....

You make it sound like Intel has a gun to Apple's head saying "You WILL update your CPUs..!" This is actually the benefit of switching to Intel. Apple pretty much joins everyone else on Intel's pricing and release schedule. So I feel this is a good thing. Speed bumps, good pipeline with Core architecture and putting the G4 rubbish(ouch that's harsh) behind them, and pricing that will help Apple deliver CPUs everyone else has AND maintain their profit margins. Less than 1 year since the BIG SWITCH OMFG THEY REALLY ARE GOING INTEL things are actually looking alright...
  • Reply 42 of 46
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by wwwork

Apple has always released their new computers when they had sufficient supply of the new CPUs. I can't think of any time when they held off releasing a product for a trade show. In the past they have announced products at tradeshows that ended up shipping well after the tradeshow. If they have it they sell it.

Wait. You're confusing us here, I have to say. You say that Apple release when they have sufficient supply of CPUs. But you also say that they announce/ release well ahead of having sufficient supply.

It is true that Apple have a timing that lies outside of just the tradeshows. But MacWorld is the standard "let's see something nice and new". WWDC of course is debateable, but anyway my prediction is Leopard and Mac Pro.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

You make it sound like Intel has a gun to Apple's head saying "You WILL update your CPUs..!" This is actually the benefit of switching to Intel. Apple pretty much joins everyone else on Intel's pricing and release schedule. So I feel this is a good thing. Speed bumps, good pipeline with Core architecture and putting the G4 rubbish(ouch that's harsh) behind them, and pricing that will help Apple deliver CPUs everyone else has AND maintain their profit margins. Less than 1 year since the BIG SWITCH OMFG THEY REALLY ARE GOING INTEL things are actually looking alright...

Agreed. Finally the processor is out of the equation. It's all down to the OS, hardware aesthetics, and (dare I say it) pricing.

Apple, reassuringly expensive (with apologies to Stella Atois/Inbev)
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Ahhh... Speculations. Just love them! Only Steveo really knows what's up.

My bet is a focus on what it should be... MacPro (announcement or discovery) and the new OS along with a slew of new "third party" application announcements.

Purely Speculative: Some sort of PDA with SDK. I'm right. I just know it!

Nice work Suni!

"Think Alike... BE Different!"
  • Reply 45 of 46
    darth_appledarth_apple Posts: 199member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

I would add new Cinema Displays, better specs, thinner enclosure and a new larger display 44"+.

I agree completely, I think they should add a few more USB and Firewire ports to the high end Cinema Display and of course iSight (perhaps a better camera??).

And of course I hope they lower the prices a bit...

{Current prices: $799, $1299, $2499}

What I wish (More realistic)

20inch -> $499 -> ($599)

23inch -> $999 -> ($1199)

30inch -> $1999 -> ($2199)

new 36/40inch display -> $2499 -> ($2999?)

I don't know what price we could put a 44" display

Quote:

Originally posted by Cedd

Macbooks?

\

Nope we didn't have to wait that long
  • Reply 46 of 46
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    I'd really like a bluetooth Mighty Mouse.

It's time.

Also, refresh the cinema displays to have a built in iSight. Not that I really use it that much, but again, it's time, and the iSight and cord hanging down the back of the display look like crap.