Adobe products on multiple computers

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Here at work, I just bought a copy of InDesign to do posters and pamphlets. The problem is, the manager wants it to run on all the computers. I installed it on the eMac I'm using right now and it asks me to activate it which I assume means I can only rin it on this one computer. Is it possible to run it on the other computers on the network either by installing it separately on all the computers (and maybe not running them simultaneously) or installing it just on this computer and having the other computers run it off this one over the network?

Or is all of this impossible and we need to buy separate copies or a license?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

Here at work, I just bought a copy of InDesign to do posters and pamphlets. The problem is, the manager wants it to run on all the computers. I installed it on the eMac I'm using right now and it asks me to activate it which I assume means I can only rin it on this one computer. Is it possible to run it on the other computers on the network either by installing it separately on all the computers (and maybe not running them simultaneously) or installing it just on this computer and having the other computers run it off this one over the network?

Or is all of this impossible and we need to buy separate copies or a license?

You will need to purchase separate copies for each machine or purchase a volume license from Adobe.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

You will need to purchase separate copies for each machine or purchase a volume license from Adobe.

Im still trying to figure out if I can install it on both a desktop and laptop (when I get the money for a new Intel Desktop). Most software in the past (Quark Xpress included) allows you to do this. If not, this would be most dissapointing, as I will have to choose whether to install it on a desktop for maximum productivity, or install it on the laptop for on the go work and for client approvals, etc. Either way, I would feel cheated...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    admactaniumadmactanium Posts: 812member
    you can install the adobe apps on a laptop and a desktop. i know this for a fact as i have cs2 installed on my tower and my laptop and specifically called adobe to get the activation code for my laptop. i asked them i i could run it on two machines and they said that 1 license can be used on two machines for the same user.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

you can install the adobe apps on a laptop and a desktop. i know this for a fact as i have cs2 installed on my tower and my laptop and specifically called adobe to get the activation code for my laptop. i asked them i i could run it on two machines and they said that 1 license can be used on two machines for the same user.

Fantastic! I have no worries now
  • Reply 5 of 5
    drumsticksdrumsticks Posts: 315member
    I have the same situation, I have Photoshop on both desktop and laptop. You are allowed to activate on two machines. If you bought a new machines, you can transfer the activation to the new machine. At any time, only two machines can be activated. This is not dissimilar to how iTunes allow 5 machines to be authorised at any one time.