Brazilian diva photographed for Apple Mac campaign

Comments

• Reply 41 of 71
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kolchak

I guess in his hypocritical mind, it's absolutely horrendous to judge a model aesthetically...

Why are you leaning so far to one side like that? Oh, never mind... wow, that's one enormous chip you've got on that shoulder there!

Wow, I never realized you'd take this so personally! In case you didn't realize it, the "idiot" comment was just meant as good-humored ribbing, and it's only when you got so insulted sounding that I decided to be a bit more frank about what got me going in the first place -- and, regardless of how much you seem to be unprepared to accept this, it is nothing more or less that the dog-show style of your remarks, reducing aesthetic judgement down to a comparision of individual physical attributes to some standard each failed -- in your opinion -- to achieve.

It's not that I consider it horrendous to judge a model aesthetically... it's that I consider your approach to making a supposedly aesthetic judgement to come off sounding like you're running down a checklist, grading a set of attributes, and coming up with a "beauty score" -- that comes off as very crass to me, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

But, go ahead, keep coming up with all of the things you just know this must really be about, other than what I'm saying it's about.
  • Reply 42 of 71
    geekdreamsgeekdreams Posts: 280member
    Giselle sucks. She's not that hot, and she seems like a stuck-up bitch. Apple is supposed to be shedding their "snobbish" image, so I hope this campaign doesn't try to associate the Mac with a useless runway model. If anything, the caption under Giselle should read "Beauty" and the caption under the Mac should read "Beauty + Brains."
  • Reply 43 of 71
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

If anything, the caption under Giselle should read "Beauty" and the caption under the Mac should read "Beauty + Brains."

I like that.

And I agree that she looks dull and arrogant.
  • Reply 44 of 71
    zedraczedrac Posts: 42member
    Quote:

If anything, the caption under Giselle should read "Beauty" and the caption under the Mac should read "Beauty + Brains."

That's such a great line.
  • Reply 45 of 71
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Quote:

Giselle sucks. She's not that hot, and she seems like a stuck-up bitch.

What? How dare you? Shetline will have your head for this. She's the most beautiful girl in the world, don't you know? He'll tell you that every time. Well, every time he's not mentioning his dog show obsession.
  • Reply 46 of 71
    shatfieldshatfield Posts: 10member
    She starred in the 2004 film "Taxi"<snip>

And she was quite good, too! I was very surprised... there is definitely something there besides looks. I won't be surprised to see her again, if she can get the accent down.
  • Reply 47 of 71
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kolchak

I just happen to have higher standards. With apologies to the recently departed Lloyd Bentsen, I've seen great legs. I've dated great legs. These, sir, are not great legs.

If you like stringbeans, that's your taste. But you reveal nothing except your own stupidity if you think only with your balls.

Stringbeans make good fashion models because of the "prototype" nature of most of the clothes they have to put on. It ends up usually making them look normal. Stringbeans make bad swimsuit models, though, or for that matter lingerie models.
  • Reply 48 of 71
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:

Giselle sucks. She's not that hot, and she seems like a stuck-up bitch. Apple is supposed to be shedding their "snobbish" image, so I hope this campaign doesn't try to associate the Mac with a useless runway model. If anything, the caption under Giselle should read "Beauty" and the caption under the Mac should read "Beauty + Brains."

You must be blind and out of your mind.

She's not hot? are you crazy?

Plus, do you know her? have you heard her somewhere? how do you assume she's a bitch?

I am not her fan, but I have met her personally and she's very cool and very feet on the ground for somebody that famous.
  • Reply 49 of 71
    gunnmjkgunnmjk Posts: 15member
    sharp knees
  • Reply 50 of 71
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    wow people are really saying she's not hot? i'd really like to see the caliber of women you guys date.

seriously, post a goddamn link to your girlfriends/wifes myspace. come on, cuz you know she has one.....

i agree with the legs being skinny and all but she's a model. let me tell you if you went and found pics of her a few years back before she went universal goddess she was a lot thicker.

models just need to be skinny, thats the industry.
  • Reply 51 of 71
    Thanks Elixir,

I love when people say that she's not hot. Most of these folks would never have a chance to date somebody like her. So they say she's not hot because they THINK they have hotter wives or girlfriends. hahahaha.

Geekdreams we are waiting for your girlfriend picts!
  • Reply 52 of 71
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

The nicest legs belong to the female track athletes. This is why I run track.

Ha Ha, that's the whole reason I did track (shotput/discus) too, way back 10 years ago when I was in HS.

I was terrible, but who cares! My events would be done in the first hour and then you get to spend the next two hours watching pretty girls run around in tiny little shorts.
  • Reply 53 of 71
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Women's Beach Volleyball was invented by a marketing genius.
  • Reply 54 of 71
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Women's Beach Volleyball was invented by a marketing genius.

Yeah, that's innovation at work.
  • Reply 55 of 71
    I completely agree!
  • Reply 56 of 71
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

Thanks Elixir,

I love when people say that she's not hot. Most of these folks would never have a chance to date somebody like her. So they say she's not hot because they THINK they have hotter wives or girlfriends. hahahaha.

Geekdreams we are waiting for your girlfriend picts!

So your standard of what a woman is supposed to look like applies to everyone?
  • Reply 57 of 71
    not at all.

the beauty is on the eye of the beholder.

But to somebody to say that Gisele is sucks and a bitch, is definately out of proportion.

I agreed that people might find her maybe skinny or whatever. but to say that she is sucks, give me a break!

If she was really that bad, she would not be one of the most famous models for so long.
  • Reply 58 of 71
    check her website and tell me that she is sucks.

http://www.giselebundchen.com.br/
  • Reply 59 of 71
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    lol, nerdcum thread
  • Reply 60 of 71
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

So your standard of what a woman is supposed to look like applies to everyone?

oh please it has been scientifically tested that certain dimensions are sought after by even infants.

so dont give me that bullcrap.

you may have preferences and such but a pretty face will always be a pretty face.