UB Shake?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Remember at nab when they said shake would be UB in may?

Well I guess they were wrong about that and quietly swept that under the carpet!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    *cough* Future Hardware forum *cough*
  • Reply 2 of 8
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ecking

Remember at nab when they said shake would be UB in may?

Well I guess they were wrong about that and quietly swept that under the carpet!

They may be too busy with Aperture and that mess...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    They may have decided to announce UB Shake with the next version of Final Cut Studio. However if that's not coming for a while then they'll probably announce it when it's ready.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

*cough* Future Hardware forum *cough*

*cough* I agree...

What was UB Shake? I don't remember hearing they were adding a UB. Whatever that is.

ahhh Duhhh.... Universal Binary. Got it.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Moving to Apps.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Thanks for moving it. I put it there originally because there was no future apps section but now I know where it goes.

They previewed a UB Shake at NAB running on imacs and claimed it would be out like two weeks later or at the very least in may.

But it didn't happen.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Apple has (always has) a presence at SIGGRAPH this year, and SHAKE is a favorite amongst the 3D community. I'm betting that Apple is holding off until then to unveil some of their latest pro software. I would also bet a nice look at a new version of motion there with added features. It's too bad that SIGGRAPH is only 3 days before WWDC and not 3 days after. Apple would have some impressive hardware to show off there as well. Luxology wIll be showcasing on a Mac as usual I imagine.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Apple has (always has) a presence at SIGGRAPH this year, and SHAKE is a favorite amongst the 3D community. I'm betting that Apple is holding off until then to unveil some of their latest pro software. I would also bet a nice look at a new version of motion there with added features. It's too bad that SIGGRAPH is only 3 days before WWDC and not 3 days after. Apple would have some impressive hardware to show off there as well. Luxology wIll be showcasing on a Mac as usual I imagine.

Well here's to hopin'!