How long will the MacBook get an upgrade?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I really want to buy it right now, but from what I've seen this year.



Apple make quite a lot of change to their hardware. Look at MacBook Pro they got upgrade in CPU in just one or two month.



And I heard the news about Core2Duo, so what is ur guy opinion about the next upgrade for MacBook be?

The Core2Duo will out in just about 2 month, then??????



Really don't want to buy it and there is a new version out in the next two month.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    My gut says updates are highly unlikely. But if there are, it would probably be little speed bumps. The technology in the MacBook is quite the leap forward to their replacements so I suggest getting one now and don't worry about the future.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    furious_furious_ Posts: 88member
    i would suggest apple will do a upgrade every 6 months on pro models and 9 months on consumer models
  • Reply 3 of 10
    david_ocdavid_oc Posts: 90member
    If you can't buy immediately after a new product is released, you'll end up never getting one. If they are on a two month schedule (which is highly unlikely), then how is that going to change the next time they update the line-up? Won't you feel you ought to hang on for "just" another two months?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    The big question is when they get the 965 integrated graphics. Due to be released by Intel in 2 months (?).

    I'm still not clear if this is intended for both Core Duo and Core Duo 2, or only in Core Duo 2(?). It seems very, very unlikely you'll see MacBook with CoreDuo 2 in this year.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by OfficerDigby

    It seems very, very unlikely you'll see MacBook with CoreDuo 2 in this year.



    For that matter, a MacBook with Core 2 Duo, on the other hand, seems a whole lot more likely.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Chucker

    For that matter, a MacBook with Core 2 Duo, on the other hand, seems a whole lot more likely.



    I think you mean Macbook Pro and I really hope you're right. That's what I'm holding out for.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    My guess is we'll see the Core 2 Duo in MBPs this Autumn and in MBs in January. Would also go nicely with that 6/9 months theory. Before that, a little speedbump may be done. Or maybe they _will_ give the MB a dedicated graphics card at some point (though I doubt it, it works well enough this way for the purpose of a low-level consumer notebook...).
  • Reply 8 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by backtomac

    I think you mean Macbook Pro and I really hope you're right. That's what I'm holding out for.



    I honestly think both of them will get a Core 2-based revision in fall.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    And THAT'S what I'm interested in. If in fact MacBooks got a Core 2 Duo in the Fall I might wait. Maaaybe. I'd be more interested in the capability of the updated graphics though, integrated or not.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    jakkjakk Posts: 15member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Aquatic

    And THAT'S what I'm interested in. If in fact MacBooks got a Core 2 Duo in the Fall I might wait. Maaaybe. I'd be more interested in the capability of the updated graphics though, integrated or not.



    yah that was my concern now.

    I really don't know what to do now LOL~~
Sign In or Register to comment.