Photoshop CS2 w/ rosetta

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all,

CS2 has been driving me nuts on my new intel machines. Anyone tried any optimizations other than going OTT with ram? Anyone have a workable system?

-t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    I have CS2 on my IMac duo--it works great--

I can't get it to work at all on my Macbook--

Adobe thinks it's Rosetta--

If you have any clue let me know
  • Reply 2 of 5
    rminklerrminkler Posts: 50member
    What do you mean by over the top with the ram? If you're trying to use CS2 under rosetta with 512 megs of memory it's going to be slow as hell. How much do you have?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I have 2 GB of RAM---

I installed CS2 on my iMac (Intel) and it works great. I had great difficultly in installing it on my Macbook--

No help from Adobe""we just can't get Photshop to work on Intel Macs"

but-----I reinstalled the OS and got it--I think and it seems to be working OK. after umpteen tries.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    O.K. It seems to be working--I reinstalled the OS--not a clean install

I disconnected the computer from the web--and got authorization by phone.

I don't know what is screwing it up but Adobe is no help
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I just got a MacBook this week and installed my Adobe CS2 suite on it. Illustrator and Indesign opened fine, but Photoshop would just not. The opening screen would come up, but then it would die during the process and kept giving me the unexpectedly quit posting box.

This is only one of the couple spots where I could find other people having similar issues. No solutions though. Until I stumbled across some Australian forum with the solution... Remove the TWAIN plugin within the Photoshop plugins folder. After that, it opened up.

Wish I would've know before the headaches of reinstalling the software and system software. Thought others might like to know. What I can't figure out is why this problem isn't more prevelent with MacBook/MBPro owners. If your unlucky enough to have this issue, hope this helps.