Named your mac yet??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yo.. i want to see if some people with macs like to name there macs...i have a Black Macbook and i named it Mary..you get it?

miss mary MAC all dressed in BLACK...with a glowing white APPLE right down her back..

haha im creative

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    It's a computer.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It's a computer.

Thats what Steve Jobs wants you to think...gosh dont be so negitive...
  • Reply 3 of 19
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Danired18

Yo.. i want to see if some people with macs like to name there macs...i have a Black Macbook and i named it Mary..you get it?

miss mary MAC all dressed in BLACK...with a glowing white APPLE right down her back..

haha im creative

Yep! I've been involved with the computer industry, and had computers for years, never having named a one of them. Since joining the Apple side of the house last September, and spending countless hours on my iBook G4, which irritates the wife to no end I might add, I decided to name 'her' 8). So I did - "Genie," which I came up with based on the "G4." If this makes me a candidate for a padded room, so be it .
  • Reply 4 of 19
    My black MacBook is named "Blakbook".
  • Reply 5 of 19
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

My black MacBook is named "Blakbook".

blackbird - good name for your MacBook ! I'm "green" with envy that you have an "Intel" Mac - I so want one . It's just a matter of time before one of those will be mine 8)! It may be an iMac though, as my iBook is still working flawlessly . Till then, "Genie" and I will keep on keeping on .
  • Reply 6 of 19
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    I named my powerbook "Snail" because it goes extremely slow. On they other hand, I named our dual core mini "Dewy" while the single core is named "Sol"

Noah
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by MrSin

[B]blackbird - good name for your MacBook ! I'm "green" with envy that you have an "Intel" Mac - I so want one . It's just a matter of time before one of those will be mine 8)!

I was yearning for an Intel Mac since January.

Can't really tell the difference, just that the Core Duo's fast. 8)

Actually, I wish I had a good reason to get a new iMac, but I've still got my first revision PM G5.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    No.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

No.

then name it
  • Reply 10 of 19
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    My MacBook Pro is named Ataraxy.

My iBook G3 is named Wohba.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i used to name my macs. the first ever was "Fred," a powerbook 165c named after the ubiquitous macspeech voice that shipped with system 7-ish. but for some reason, i dropped out of naming my macs recently. nothing ever stuck as well as "Fred." so perfunctory, I liked it.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    I need a good name for my PMG5.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

I need a good name for my PMG5.

Alfread or ralph.....or you can name Fat Albert because of the size ahahhah please dont name it fat albert just Alfread or ralph
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Danired18

Alfread or ralph.....or you can name Fat Albert because of the size ahahhah please dont name it fat albert just Alfread or ralph

• Reply 15 of 19
    Should name my MacBook "Microsoft".
  • Reply 16 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I havnt given mine a name, but Beachball would be appropriate...

(the slowness is my own damn fault, I have taken a liking to editing .plist files just to see what differant elements acctually control...I need to do a reinstall badly; I just need an excuse! 10.5 come quickly! )
  • Reply 17 of 19
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    Ahh names, attached the name Aluminosity to my G4 powerbook. I don't know, is that qualify as a name?
  • Reply 18 of 19
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    I've never named a computer but my 2006 Honda Civic is named Melissa.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    I don't necessarily have a name for my iBook G4, but I do call her "mama's baby" sometimes. Yes, mine is a girl. I have contemplated naming her Christine, after Stephen King's murderous 1958 Plymouth Fury.