Mac mini and Imac price cut in UK Apple store

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just noticed that the mac mini and Imac have dropped in price in the UK Apple store. If memory serves me right the 20" Imac was £1155 with edu discount but is now £1060! The Mac mini 1.66Ghz is now less than £497! also with edu discount. No other hardware has had a price reduction so maybe they are going to get a speed bump soon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ukuserukuser Posts: 39member
    Yea i think your right i think, the solo mac min has gone down too cos its now less than £400 and the 17" iMac is only £879!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    so does anyone think this will be a perminent price even if faster chips are used in the future?

ive been holding off on a new imac20 for months now and this is just too tempting... i THINK i can hold off to aug. but ... but... i want a new imac !! and now at a lower price its VERY hard not to click BUY

love to hear comments guys

R
  • Reply 3 of 5
    amackamack Posts: 19member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Trendannoyer

so does anyone think this will be a perminent price even if faster chips are used in the future?

ive been holding off on a new imac20 for months now and this is just too tempting... i THINK i can hold off to aug. but ... but... i want a new imac !! and now at a lower price its VERY hard not to click BUY

I've been holding off too, with Conroe coming out end of July and Merom end of August. I think if I've waited this long another couple of months won't hurt. I've looked at the recent reviews of Conroe and Merom and whichever the Imac gets I think it will be worth the wait.

According to mikeshardware a Core2Duo(Conroe)2.4ghz will be $316(per1000 units) and a Core Duo(Yonah)2.0 ghz is $423. So I think any price rise will be minimal. IMHO these recent price cuts signal some changes.....soon!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by amack

Quote:

Originally posted by Trendannoyer

I've been holding off too, with Conroe coming out end of July and Merom end of August. I think if I've waited this long another couple of months won't hurt. I've looked at the recent reviews of Conroe and Merom and whichever the Imac gets I think it will be worth the wait.

According to mikeshardware a Core2Duo(Conroe)2.4ghz will be $316(per1000 units) and a Core Duo(Yonah)2.0 ghz is $423. So I think any price rise will be minimal. IMHO these recent price cuts signal some changes.....soon!

thanks its good to have something you WISH for confirmed... i really doubt that apple would cut prices only to raise them again 8 weeks later...

and these changes cant come soon enough... i was ready to buy back in Jan

cheers

Rod
  • Reply 5 of 5
    furious_furious_ Posts: 88member
    same price cuts in Australia but in A$