iPod 6th Gen or Just Video?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When the 4th gen iPod was released it was non-color. Then they maid the photo, which was separate from the regular iPod. Then they merged it. It continued to stay the 4th Gen for sometime. The only in Q4 of last year was the Video made. Do you think if they make a full sceen iPod it will be separate from the Gen 5, or will they call it the Gen 6 iPod??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I don't know anymore
  • Reply 2 of 7
    All I know is there is a iPod + iTunes forum where this thread should have been made in.

b.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by benjamin_r

All I know is there is a iPod + iTunes forum where this thread should have been made in.

b.

What does b. mean?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

What does b. mean?

His signature/initial. "b." = "benjamin_r".
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

His signature/initial. "b." = "benjamin_r".

• Reply 6 of 7
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Actually, Apple does not refer to their iPods as 'generations' (and for that reason, I think thatmy iPod photo is a 5th generation. - They just use their size (e.g. nano) and features (photo/video).

David
  • Reply 7 of 7
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    i think generations are only changed when the regular ipod(refered just as "ipod") is replaced. the photo didnt replace it, it was just a high level ipod at the time. then they were merged, so it doesnt count. when the ipod with video was released, it replaced the regular ipod so i call that the 5th generation. when it is replaced, that will be 6th.