Where to find best MacBook RAM and HD replacement prices?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm thinking of jumping on a new MacBook soon. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to purchase quality RAM and HD replacements at competitive prices?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I purchased a Hitachi 2.5" 7200RPM 100GB SATA for my MBP and love it, I bought it from MacMall.

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...pno~667556.asp

(Note the picture of an ATA drive, but you get a SATA drive).

I have always bought RamJET ram through www.ramjet.com and have been satified. It isn't the cheapest, but it isn't the most expensive. I have never had any problem with it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    RAM:

crucial.com

datamem.com

oempcworld.com (can exchange the ram you remove for credit)

and lots of other places.

you might search using ramseeker.com or dealram.com

Drive:

Whatever you do, make sure you get the version of teh drive that can be powered down by the computer. Hitachi makes two versions of teh drive. One for servers - it CANNOT be powered down. And one for laptops that can be powered down by the OS.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    maccabeamaccabea Posts: 15member
    www.ewiz.com

That's where I bought my 120 gig Seagate 5400rpm HD and it came across the states via UPS just in time!! ewiz has a variety of shipping options. I chose the 3 day just because i wanted my HD in time when i got my MacBook. The HD works great too!!! VERY quiet.

I highly recommend ewiz for a nice, quiet, big HD, and Seagate is the brand to go for!

I'll be buying more RAM in the next few months. But for now, 512 is fine for my needs.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Drive: search www.dealmac.com

RAM: search www.dealram.com

From the sounds of it, sounds like the Toshiba 100 gig 7200 is the way to go and what I might get. I've never had a problem with bargain RAM. YMMV.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    www.macsales.com has always done me right.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Macsales.com seems to have some loud detractors, mostly related to their exchange and returns policies. YMMV

--

An empty brain will lead to becoming a liberal slavetrader. And the liberal slavetraders control the schools.