Just wanted to say HI

jrcjrc
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Haven't been around here in quite some time. Since I'm the oldest registered user and all. Any of the original crew still in the discussion?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I see what you did there.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Yep. Although I'm hard pressed to remember who else is a old-timer. It's pushing eight years now for me, which is long enough for me to forget who's who.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Yo waddup. High five!

*Raises Hand* 8)
  • Reply 4 of 22
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Still here, though I've taken a couple breaks in that time (aside from the "great blackout"). Let's see. I joined sometime in mid-99 when I wanted to know when the successor to Lombard was coming out. So 7 years?
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Still here, not sure if I qualify as I figure I'm the least squeeky wheel...

flick.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I don't even remember when I first came but it was definitely pre-blackout.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I started coming to AI in about 1995, before it even existed. I typed http://www.appleinsider.com into netscape navigator over and over until it finally came on line several years later.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    [Waves hello]
  • Reply 9 of 22
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I had a bookmark saved somewhere on my hard drive that I later found after the blackout. I forgot my screen name or password or something and had to create something completely new.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    JRC, I thought I remembered you getting banned or something. Am I remembering wrong or did you get reinstated?

[edit]: Nevermind. I found the thread I was thinking of.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    I'm posting to see how long i've been registered.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I have no idea when I first came across the forums, but I remember the first posts I read were some fancifull tales from Kormac and I think it was around when the cube came out.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    pro, go, woah, or whatever. I miss Mika. This is my second or maybe even my third account.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I started coming to AI in about 1995, before it even existed. I typed http://www.appleinsider.com into netscape navigator over and over until it finally came on line several years later.

okay....

I think I lurked pre-blackout, scrambled to find OrangeInsider during the dark ages, then registered post-blackout after I realized how much I had come to rely on the site.

I also maintain dual citizenship since the split, but that's another story.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    I think I've been lurking since 2002, joined the following year, and lurked some more.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    I've been here (on and off) since summer 2002.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

In fact, your repeated entry of the URL caused the site to glide out of the void and get stuck on the Internets.

Thank you, BRussell. I don't know where we'd be without you. Probably outside.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    Whatever happened to Sir Mac 'o' the Isles?
  • Reply 19 of 22
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vargas

Whatever happened to Sir Mac 'o' the Isles?

I miss that crazy bastard.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

I miss that crazy bastard.

He has an uncanny ability to sense when someone has mentioned his name. We should start a betting pool as to when he shows up in this thread.