WTF happened to my internet audio???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Strange stuff happening to me right now...

All of a sudden my computer doesn't like to play audio on the internet. I can't get playback through either Firefox or Safari. iTMS streams content just fine, but for some reason my web browsers aren't working. I've dumped both .plists and restarted and fixed permissions. I thought it might be RealPlayer messing things up cause I had to install it earlier today to play an audio clip from amazon.com, but I've deleted RealPlayer and all it's .plist files. This is really annoying ... anybody out there able to help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by AgNuke1707

Strange stuff happening to me right now...

All of a sudden my computer doesn't like to play audio on the internet. I can't get playback through either Firefox or Safari. iTMS streams content just fine, but for some reason my web browsers aren't working. I've dumped both .plists and restarted and fixed permissions. I thought it might be RealPlayer messing things up cause I had to install it earlier today to play an audio clip from amazon.com, but I've deleted RealPlayer and all it's .plist files. This is really annoying ... anybody out there able to help?

Well, I answered my own question ... it seems that real player changes some settings and screw everything up. If anyone else has this issue, you can do the following to resolve it...

1) Open Up Audio MIDI Setup

2) Check on Audio Output and by Sample Rate, click and move to 44100 Hz.

3) Quit Audio MIDI Setup and restart your computer...