Good notebook stand?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Been looking around for a while at notebook stands. Hoping for a good blend of ergonomics + cooling for my MBP.

Looks like I'm torn between the iLap (works like heat sink) & The Stand by MacMice (has 2 USB fans.)

Does anyone here own either product? Anyone here heard anything good or bad about either one?

Better suggestion?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Here's a good one!

Just joking. Here's a good one!

iLap review too!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    the best notebook stand is one that is flexible, versatile and brings the laptop to you and has a drink holder.

www.airdesks.com

THE BEST, WE HAVE TWO
  • Reply 3 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Sounds like my perfect girlfriend, too!

Drink holder?

• Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Drink holder?

And versatile and flexible.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    iLap.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

the best notebook stand is one that is flexible, versatile and brings the laptop to you and has a drink holder.

www.airdesks.com

THE BEST, WE HAVE TWO

Wow, this actually looks really cool.

How long have you had yours and how durable is it? Is the shelving made of glass?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    That website feels like a fucking infomercial. What is this, Paint?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

That website feels like a fucking infomercial. What is this, Paint?

Yea, it's really really busy. My eyes were totally bugging out. But, the product seems solid. Who knows, I have an old coolpad, maybe I could hit Home Cheapo and build a base + stand and attach it somehow. Hmmmmm...
  • Reply 9 of 13
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Wow, this actually looks really cool.

How long have you had yours and how durable is it? Is the shelving made of glass?

two.5 years only problem is my 2y/o pulled on the cup holder and it cracked......i highly rec this...tis the bomb

plexiglass
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

two.5 years only problem is my 2y/o pulled on the cup holder and it cracked......i highly rec this...tis the bomb

plexiglass

I am worried about my 17 month old demolishing it more than anything. Glad to hear the planes are made of plexiglass, that is a plus for me.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    I used to use a fan pad but recently replaced it for an iCurve by Griffin.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/icurve/

It raises the laptop to eye-level (which really has helped my back as of late since I do not have to look downwards anymore). And since it raises it so far off the ground and only touches the edges of my laptop, provides the simpliest and most silent way of cooling off my laptop. Compared to the fan pad, this thing rocks my socks.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    found one.

it's the Allsop Metal Art Notebook Stand

raises MBP enough so screen is close-enough to eye level..and, importantly, keeps things nice & cool....especially near the upper left keyboard & along the function keys.

these temps come from having MBP on for about 2 hours...surfing, e-mail, tooling around in windows...using photoshop, etc...