Time to make things fun..

Comments

• Reply 361 of 622
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    I understand the idea, and genetics are fascinating, but I just don't like the idea of changing an animal's genetic makeup in order to accomodate us. It's just how I feel... \

A hairless cat is a cat too.. so I'd love it all the same.
  • Reply 362 of 622
    I didn't mean to start something. I just thought it was cool.
  • Reply 363 of 622
    Name: Jordan

Birthday: January 27, 1987

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

What Mac(s) do you own? iMac G5

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Mr Jobs of course.

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? Not yet, but thinking of it.

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? When I first got it, after that I cant remember.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Yes, why not? Is this a trick question?

Do you have a favorite Mac model? iMac G4 was kind of cool.

Favorite food: Pizza.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? None.

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 5th Generation 30GB White.
  • Reply 364 of 622
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    BlackShadowWolf sounds ominous. Any story behind that username?

On a side note: So, uh, what happened MarcUK?

Was I too much competition to keep up with or did things get so steamy you had to move to private messages? Hehe. Almost seems like I won! *Mac_Doll rolls her eyes* Just kidding. But things certainly quieted sown around here with the exception of the new profiles. I kinda miss the competitively flirtatious days of yore. \
  • Reply 365 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

BlackShadowWolf sounds ominous. Any story behind that username?

Well I used to do some heavy online roleplaying and had a wolf character with the name General BlackShadow . All true, he was the shit If I dont say so myself. But alas I gave all that roleplaying up when I went off to college last year \. I guess I always keep the name as a reminder of times not so long ago.
  • Reply 366 of 622
    BlackShadowWolf: I like your username; it sounds Pagan. You seem like a cool guy. Roleplaying, huh? Ever play Warcrack... errr..Warcraft? I hear it's obviously addictive.

Ebby: You cheeky monkey! I did roll my eyes! Yeah, the flirting did provide me with much entertainment. No, I haven't seen Marc either. Oh well... LOL

blackbird_1.0: Honey, I know you meant well. I just have my beliefs. No harm done.
  • Reply 367 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

BlackShadowWolf: I like your username; it sounds Pagan. You seem like a cool guy. Roleplaying, huh? Ever play Warcrack... errr..Warcraft? I hear it's obviously addictive.

Well thank you for your kind words,I like Paganism, but dont really know that much about it, and yep Ive heard of Warcraft, but refuse to play it. You buy the game then have to pay more to play it. Bah Im too cheap . And I forgot to add this to my list.

Mac: pimped iBook G3 Tangerine, 300MHz with 10GB HD(put it in myself) . 320MB RAM, 10.3.9. The works, its my baby... til I get MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 368 of 622
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlackShadowWolf

pimped iBook G3 Tangerine, 300MHz with 10GB HD(put it in myself) . 320MB RAM, 10.3.9.

Yeah, you're pushing that thing to the limit. How well does it run everything? Is it fairly "snappy?"
  • Reply 369 of 622
    I imagine it will lag at some stuff, but OS X is still quite responsive on old hardware. If you haven't already, download a program called OnyX and disable all the bells & whistles you can. I found it helps a lot with responsiveness.

My specs: 400Mhz Pismo, 60 GB hard drive, 640MB RAM

My system works fine for web/email/MS Office but I have a 333Mhz machine that is just too slow to use.

FYI: Fastest way to speed up your machine: $75
  • Reply 370 of 622
    10 GB on an iBook G3?! Damn! That'd be something to see.
  • Reply 371 of 622
    Everything works well with it, I bought the HD off ifixit.com and had to tear the computer apart to put it in, but they had a very handy guide so it works out well. OSX is rather slow, but with the max ram, I can run iChat, Messenger, iTunes, and Word 2004 at the same time with only little-moderate lag. Mind you tht I deleted a lot of startup items so there is only 27 processes running at start.

On a side note I did try to run Unreal Tournament 2k4 on it by using my iMac as a server and trying to access the app by there, but it crashed since the graphics chip is ancient, well a guy can dream .

Edit: I also have Mac OS 9.2.2 on there which runs well to, use Hyperstudio to make games when Im bored .
  • Reply 372 of 622
    Yeah, I heard ifixit's a good place to shop. I don't have the patience (or guts) to open up and work on my iBook. I don't want to hurt her. I'll leave that in the hands of a professional.
  • Reply 373 of 622
    I'm a professional. If you'd want some extra help handling your parts, all you gotta do is ask.
  • Reply 374 of 622
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

I'm a professional. If you'd want some extra help handling your parts, all you gotta do is ask.

I reckon her fan is blocked and needs a good blow-out.
  • Reply 375 of 622
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Yeah, I heard ifixit's a good place to shop. I don't have the patience (or guts) to open up and work on my iBook. I don't want to hurt her. I'll leave that in the hands of a professional.

what is wrong? If you want RAM, that is easy...the HDD is harder, but not too hard...there are plenty of diagrams online for any rev.
  • Reply 376 of 622
    I've been contemplating more memory; I still have the original 512 MB.

Marc: Always the pervert, eh?

I could always take her to a Mac Genius at an Apple Store... LOL

And yes, I always refer to my iBook as a female.. because, well, she is. I love her very much.
  • Reply 377 of 622
    Quote:

I've been contemplating more memory; I still have the original 512 MB.

Marc: Always the pervert, eh?

I could always take her to a Mac Genius at an Apple Store... LOL

And yes, I always refer to my iBook as a female.. because, well, she is. I love her very much.

so all the flirting here has been for nothing, darn.
  • Reply 378 of 622
    You're funny! No, I love her like a child; she's my baby.
  • Reply 379 of 622
    Where did my Mac Homeboys all go?
  • Reply 380 of 622
    Quote:

Where did my Mac Homeboys all go?

it's too hot to play inside come outside!

flick.