Originally posted by gar

so these are dutch soccer ho's

No. Dem be uuuugly hos dan, yo.
  • Reply 222 of 242
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by gar

so these are dutch soccer ho's

(nice Tie-in to World Cup)

Yeah biaaatch, we be pimpin' yor dutch women yo.

Especially the ones that put da MILK in Milkmaid... :P

(it says Dutch Lady Condensed Milk, Rich and Creamy mmmmmm)

(hmm.. perhaps I have revealed a fetish of mine. damn.)
  • Reply 223 of 242
    I know Sunil! that milk thingy in malay *tsk* *tsk*... Okay i think i know where you live now... I shall hunt you down ^^ I may even actually know you

anyways. Too lazy to make a mockup at the moment..

;^P
  • Reply 224 of 242
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    does anyone know what it really looks like? please PM me the picture
  • Reply 225 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

OK - not mine, but nice:

http://www.applele.com/pict_05powermac_r01.html

Just hope that there will be a smaller version, in terms of the size of a case - the current PM is huge.

this would be sweet
  • Reply 226 of 242
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

this would be sweet

I'd imagine it would be slot-load, anyway that looks like a fridge and is not cool. The G5 was way prettier.
  • Reply 227 of 242
    Is that correct that Apple are moving their Pro machines to Intel, I was lead to believe that the Power6 AIM (Apple IBM Motorola) chip would be in the new Pro machines. As all the next gen consoles run these chips and the SDK's are tailored towards Macs.

Also have you seen the PS3 XMB video....looks very Apple-esque and they are even using Expose for a feature on their web browser.

PS3 XMB Video
  • Reply 228 of 242
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Porkspeare

Is that correct that Apple are moving their Pro machines to Intel, I was lead to believe that the Power6 AIM (Apple IBM Motorola) chip would be in the new Pro machines.

Where have you been? Apple announced a year ago the plan to move the whole of their computer lines to Intel processors.
  • Reply 229 of 242
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Is that correct that Apple are moving their Pro machines to Intel, I was lead to believe that the Power6 AIM (Apple IBM Motorola) chip would be in the new Pro machines.

You have been led down the garden path my friend.

Some things you should know:

1.) Apple is going all Intel, and by the looks of the Conroe and Woodcrest benchmarks, that's a very good thing.

2.) AIM is dead

3.) The Power6 is all IBM anyway.

4.) The Power series of chips are IBM's server chips.

5.) The next generation consoles do not use Power6. The XBox uses a chip with 3 PowerPC-like cores (the cores are similar to IBM's PPC 970 aka G5, but less powerful). The PS3 uses a CELL, which contains one stripped-down PPC like core with 8 (or was it 6?) "multimedia co-processors" which can be thought of as souped-up Altivec.
  • Reply 230 of 242
    I thought it was the consumer range rather than the pro-range. And would it be a wise move by Apple to move the Pro range to Intel?

Most of the major Pro Apps aren't universal ie: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Web Studio, Pro Tools, Avid Media Composer.
  • Reply 231 of 242
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    WTF is Dvorak doing here? Trolling the boards again to drum up something for his next article?
  • Reply 232 of 242
    Ok...so i was told incorrectly then. So when do we get to see this new machine? Next year? or will there be a sneak peek at the WWDC in August??
  • Reply 233 of 242
    Quote:

Ok...so i was told incorrectly then. So when do we get to see this new machine? Next year? or will there be a sneak peek at the WWDC in August??

Like PB says, where on earth have you been???

Try this thread and this thread.

The consensus is that we'll see the new machines (not a "sneak peak", an actual release) at WWDC. What we will get a sneak peak at is OS X 10.5 Leopard.
  • Reply 234 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

Like PB says, where on earth have you been???

I only switched to Mac's late last year. Before that I was 3rd Line Tech support guy and system administrator for an insurance company. PC's and Windows had finally pi**ed me off too much so I switched to mac.

Started with a Mac Mini G4 (recently sold), then bought the MacBook when it came out and tomorrow the 20" iMac should be here.

So I try and get as much info as I can and I was lead to believe IBM was staying in the Pro machines. But as you lot have said this actually appears to be incorrect.
  • Reply 235 of 242
    Quote:

I only switched to Macs late last year.

Ah, that explains it. I think there was a bit of speculation/argument when the switch was first announced (in summer 2005, at last year's WWDC) as to whether/how long the Pro machines would stick with PowerPC. Once the MacBook Pro and iMac were announced in January, and information about Controe started to come out, it became pretty obvious that Apple is trying to go Intel as fast as they possibly can. The next "Pro" desktop Mac will definitely have an Intel chip.
  • Reply 236 of 242
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Porkspeare

I only switched to Mac's late last year. Before that I was 3rd Line Tech support guy and system administrator for an insurance company. PC's and Windows had finally pi**ed me off too much so I switched to mac.........

Hello and welcome to AppleInsider and the Mac world. You have now joined an exclusive club/ cult . Seriously though, hang out on AppleInsider and these forums and you'll get up to date.

Do not be turned off by some nasty people around here (I would name names but I won't ) - Most people are cool. We were just shocked with what you mentioned, you were like, let's just say, quite late to the party. But have a cocktail and sit back, enjoy the ride. DJ Jobs is spinning in the corner.
  • Reply 237 of 242
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Porkspeare

I thought it was the consumer range rather than the pro-range. And would it be a wise move by Apple to move the Pro range to Intel? Most of the major Pro Apps aren't universal ie: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Web Studio, Pro Tools, Avid Media Composer.

Apple has pushed hard ahead with it's Intel transition. A lot of developers have committed or delivered Universal apps. A lot.

In the pro market, Apple is strongly targeting the pro video market, using Apple's Final Cut Studio suite and Shake. Which are all Universal. For music production, Reason, LogicPro, and Ableton Live are all Universal.

Adobe/Macromedia are sticking points, however this I believe lies outside the target zone of the Mac Pro market at this stage. Web design and print production will have to rely on existing Powermac G5s which Apple still sells. Also under Rosetta Adobe/Macromedia does run acceptably under some conditions on the iMac/ MacBookPro/ MacBook despite not being Universal.
  • Reply 238 of 242
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by sunilraman

Quote:

I thought it was the consumer range rather than the pro-range. And would it be a wise move by Apple to move the Pro range to Intel? Most of the major Pro Apps aren't universal ie: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Web Studio, Pro Tools, Avid Media Composer.

Apple has pushed hard ahead with it's Intel transition. A lot of developers have committed or delivered Universal apps. A lot.

In the pro market, Apple is strongly targeting the pro video market, using Apple's Final Cut Studio suite and Shake. Which are all Universal. For music production, Reason, LogicPro, and Ableton Live are all Universal.

Adobe/Macromedia are sticking points, however this I believe lies outside the target zone of the Mac Pro market at this stage. Web design and print production will have to rely on existing Powermac G5s which Apple still sells. Also under Rosetta Adobe/Macromedia does run acceptably under some conditions on the iMac/ MacBookPro/ MacBook despite not being Universal.

when do Adobe and Quark plan on updating to intel versions?
  • Reply 239 of 242
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

when do Adobe and Quark plan on updating to intel versions?

Quark already has a beta of Xpress 7 out that you can download, and the target for final release (free update for Xpress 7 users) is "summer".

Adobe's apps will be univeral in their next full release versions. For the Creative Suite, that should be by this time next year (hopefully sooner, but probably not).

Im personally waiting for CS3 to buy a new computer. I am sick of the lackluster performance of my PowerBook G4 1.67 and cant wait to get a new MacBook Pro, but I dont feel there is much point till CS3 is universal since thats primarily what I use it for.
  • Reply 240 of 242
    Yeah. Adobe CS3 full suite with Photoshop, ImageReady, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver (GoLive might be dropped), Freehand(?), After Effects, Adobe Bridge, some other stuff(?) -- quite a bit huh? -- We are looking at PC and Mac Universal -- with new wonderful features --middle of 2007.

Web/Print graphics people, hang on to your powerbooks (move up to a 1.67ghz 15" if you've got an outdated laptop, try and get one refurb/ ebay with the extended warranty) and AdobeCS2/ Macromedia Studio 8, otherwise if you need more power get onto a PowerMac G5 \ That's the way the cookie crumbles, folks.

Or get a PC Core Duo (Centrino Duo) laptop, Or get a MacBook/MacBookPro and run Windows Bootcamp, and run AdobeCS2/ Macromedia Studio 8 with more tha speeeed. But it will seriously f**k up your workflow and give you font headaches up the wazooo if you work and are very used to a predominantly Mac environment. And you have to start getting onto the WinXP fun fun fun rollercoaster of antivirus, antispyware, update, update, check, subscribe, update, check for virus, repeat.

Porkspeare are you familiar with Windows Bootcamp?

Which is running Windows on Intel-based Macs. Yes, it happened.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/