I Fixed The Macbook Heat Issue

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have had my Macbook for 3 weeks and i love it. I have a 2.0Ghz white Macbook. I did have the heat issue were the temperatures would be more then 74C but then a couple of days later i decided that i wanted to bring down the brightness of the Macbook screen so i did and noticed that the temperature of my Macbook droped from 74C to 47C and when i run a couple of programs at the same time it only goes up to 51C.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by yandel18

I have had my Macbook for 3 weeks and i love it. I have a 2.0Ghz white Macbook. I did have the heat issue were the temperatures would be more then 74C but then a couple of days later i decided that i wanted to bring down the brightness of the Macbook screen so i did and noticed that the temperature of my Macbook droped from 74C to 47C and when i run a couple of programs at the same time it only goes up to 51C.

Nice observation but not exactly a fix.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Nice observation but not exactly a fix.

well its STILL 20 degrees plus of a difference
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by yandel18

How many brightness bars did you lower it to notice this drop?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    well, it's nothing to do with reducing brightness. it's about CPU consumption which depends on what kind of software are running now. in my experience, itunes is. it's normally used small part. but if it downloads podcast, temperature suddenly goes up to 10C. then suddenly get back to normal. firefox is occupied a lot of CPU load, too. it causes rasing temperature. for your case, it's up to something you don't know the reason.