Pre-Blackout Old-Timers

Comments

• Reply 141 of 163
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I was registered initially in February of 2000 (it may have been January, but I know it was weeks before Pismo arrived in February). From those days, I only recall a few names. Fran441, PowerMacG4, I think sammi jo was Samantha Joan Ollendale as I recall. Good times.
  • Reply 142 of 163
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    While every once in a while I'll peruse AN I'd rather they all came back. I don't have enough time to waste keeping up with two boards, but I definitely miss some of the members over there.
  • Reply 143 of 163
    mandricardmandricard Posts: 486member
    I am still around, and still hoping eternally.... Remembering fondly Belle, Escher, and a host of other loonies

H.S.E.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 144 of 163
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I am terrible with names but now that you mention them, most are ringing bells.

I remember emAm because that capital letter always bugged me. Also for a while I read it as Eminem the music-guy.
  • Reply 145 of 163
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Funny to see this thread pop back up after another year of being buried. Always good to see the oldschool AIers stand up and take notice.

The Blackout period, way long ago at this point, was traumatic! I didn't know where my beloved AI went or when it was going to return. Where else would I rumormonger and waste hours. Now I can spend time on digg of course.
  • Reply 146 of 163
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

The Blackout period, way long ago at this point, was traumatic! I didn't know where my beloved AI went or when it was going to return. Where else would I rumormonger and waste hours. Now I can spend time on digg of course.

Ah, digg, my new obsession. Anyone else addicted to thumbs up and down? The POWER!
  • Reply 147 of 163
    Anybody know what eventually happened to WorkerBee?
  • Reply 148 of 163
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Ah, back here once again to check in.
  • Reply 149 of 163
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ebby View Post

I am terrible with names but now that you mention them, most are ringing bells.

I remember emAm because that capital letter always bugged me. Also for a while I read it as Eminem the music-guy.

I wasn't even 13 when I first started posting, so it was the obnoxious pre-teen, teen thing that was in at the time, alternating between capital and lower case letters
  • Reply 150 of 163
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

Anybody know what eventually happened to WorkerBee?

Apple water-boarded him.
  • Reply 151 of 163
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmAn View Post

I wasn't even 13 when I first started posting, so it was the obnoxious pre-teen, teen thing that was in at the time, alternating between capital and lower case letters

Kiddo's all grown up! We've missed you, buddy. What have you been up to?
  • Reply 152 of 163
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmAn View Post

What brings you to crappy Corrupticut? Especially around the capital area? I feel for you man.
  • Reply 153 of 163
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Kiddo's all grown up! We've missed you, buddy. What have you been up to?

Well, I've missed you guys too. Usually when I stop by AI I just browse, never really post anymore. I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to the latest Apple news, I basically just stopped paying attention. Other than that, I haven't really been up to anything too exciting, just school and stuff. Perhaps I'll check in more often...
  • Reply 154 of 163
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post

What brings you to crappy Corrupticut? Especially around the capital area? I feel for you man.

Yeah, tell me about it. I never realized what an awful state CT really is. I go to the University of Hartford. Awful just like the state. I'm thinking of transfering, not really sure to where though. But yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Connecticut either.
  • Reply 155 of 163
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    I just read this thread for the first time.

Wow, some names I had forgotten about. One I did not see mentioned is Morphious, the poster of the dual core G5 PDF. I guess the IBM guys are gone since the switch to Intel. Another IBM guy from Florida posted too. My memory is going.

I'd like to hear more about the split. I have posted both here and in AN and notice familiar user names over there. Haven't been there for years now. What exactly caused the split? I must not have been following that particular thread.

I miss posts by Amorph, Programmer, and several others who were always quite informative. My only claim to fame is spotting IBM's presentation of a chip, at the Semiconductor Forum, which then became the G5. I posting a link and immediately someone said, "That's it." I should dig that old post up when I have nothing else to do.

The Cell processor was fun too, but all that is gone now that we are in Intel land and those horrible names, which are impossible to remember. Since I live almost next door to Intel here, I should be used to them by now.

• Reply 156 of 163
    I had no idea about any 'nova' split.

My registration here is coming up on NINE years. Truly unfathomable.
  • Reply 157 of 163
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRC View Post

My account was banned for some reason at nova and it says I can never come back

I must have said something bad those many years ago!
  • Reply 158 of 163
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    I love how this thread never dies. I also love reading it. This story of the split fascinates me. I wish I would have been around when it happened.
  • Reply 159 of 163
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRC View Post

I'm feeling old lately, thirtysix, married for eight years, at the same job for six years, on AI for......god I need a life.
  • Reply 160 of 163
    No. You don't need a life. You've survived this long w/o one!