Apple Steals Ideas!!!!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone thought that maybe apple doesn't even create the stuff they sell. If I was steve jobs I would just look in these boards and find all the good stuff I would need to be a billionare. Hell, iphone, ipod video, widescreen ibook, windows runing apple. Someone should sell access to these boards to apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    The only problem with that is that these boards are public. As such, they cannot discriminate against one company, just because we are talking about them. That is against the law.

PLUS prove that said user isn't Steve Jobs. For all you know I am Steve Jobs!!
  • Reply 2 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Eggleston

The only problem with that is that these boards are public. As such, they cannot discriminate against one company, just because we are talking about them. That is against the law.

PLUS prove that said user isn't Steve Jobs. For all you know I am Steve Jobs!!

You can't be Steve Jobs because I am Steve Jobs you little twerp.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    "Bad Artists Copy.Great Artists steal"

Pablo Picasso
  • Reply 4 of 24
    I thought Mr. Jobs was "As seen on TV" over at /.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    You can't really say Steve stole an idea that is a natural extension of something existing. There's a sort of "obvious" rule to patents, and the same should apply here. A widescreen iBook is pretty "obvious" - lots of competitors are moving to widescreen, as are a lot of monitors on the desktop. An Apple running Windows and a generic PC running OS X are also obvious - an operating system for an x86 processor running on an x86 computer? Wow, you don't say!!

I doubt anyone here could make any claim to creation or invention for this stuff, since any serious attempt to make it would run afoul of Apple's IP.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Pablo Picasso

Well there you go, lets all steal and be like Picasso.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    What is this thread doing in future hardware anyway? It's not like it's about anything.

antartican, you new here, but the forums have guides to read at the top of each one. This really has nothing to do with future hardware, or anything in particular. Regardless It doesn't belong in this forum. Try using General discussion next time.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    this is by far the most idiotic post ever in the history of AL Gore's Internet.

• Reply 9 of 24
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JTBLQ

this is by far the most idiotic post ever in the history of AL Gore's Internet.

Yeah, I hate it when people post idiotic things on *my* internet!

btw, I can't be Steve Jobs because I'm Al Gore.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Can't discriminate? Come the hell on!

No one has a RIGHT to be on this board. Damn, but someone needs to quit drinking the ComIntern Kool-aid.

I D I O C Y.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Pablo Picasso

I got six months of probation, I guess Sam Goody doesn't appreciate my art.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

heheheh in that case to be great you have to get away with it
  • Reply 13 of 24
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

It's all about how you frame it.

When you tell them "I took that stereo because I wanted it" that is theft.

When you tell them "My intent was to recontextualize the stereo as a critique of the commodification of pleasure via the deprivileging of locus" that's art.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

It's all about how you frame it.

When you tell them "I took that stereo because I wanted it" that is theft.

When you tell them "My intent was to recontextualize the stereo as a critique of the commodification of pleasure via the deprivileging of locus" that's art.

• Reply 15 of 24
    Actually no Im not new I've been surfing the threads for about a year. Its in future hardware because im discusing the way future products are created using these threads. Ah! Oh and Im not steve jobs. But I'm bill gates.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    This is pretty sad philanthropy then.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

Was that for illegal downloading? Were you the girl in the iTunes/Pepsi commercial?
  • Reply 18 of 24
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Im Chuck Norris
  • Reply 19 of 24
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member
    How does any of this have anything to do with the outrageous title of this thread?

Must be a slow news day!

...thought without study is dangerous - Confucius.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by antartican

Actually no Im not new I've been surfing the threads for about a year. Its in future hardware because im discusing the way future products are created using these threads. Ah! Oh and Im not steve jobs. But I'm bill gates.

No, you're NOT discussing how future products are created trust me on that. If Apple stole all of the designs and/or ideas found on this (or any other) public forum they'd have run outta cash and outta business years ago.

That being said, the very premiss of thread is dubious at best and as far as it belonging in future hardware...

Dave