When will Apple announce new hardware?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I couldn't find any fixed dates that apple would annouce a new iPod and a new iMac. I want to buy a new iMac and get the free iPod with the school offer but i want to wait until the ones comes out. Or at leats a faster iMac. Does anybody know when or arround when these things would come out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    I know the exact release dates for all Apple products in the pipeline for the next five years, thanks to my time-traveling DeLorean.

I'm gonna make a killing in Apple stock. All hail the Flux Capacitor.

GTSC

P.S. You're obviously *very* new around here, so I'm having a bit of a joke at your expense. What you're asking for is something Apple never reveals. You find out when you find out.
  • Reply 2 of 48
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    What G said....
  • Reply 3 of 48
    A new iMac will come sometime between late July and early to mid September. It will bring either Merom or Conroe processors. It will be dual-core, with 64-bit processors running between 2.0 and 2.4 GHz, and the same graphics card. [That's educated guessing] A new iPod could come anytime between now and October. It's sort of a guessing game based on new chip/tech availability and time since last refresh.
  • Reply 4 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by patr_1_8

I couldn't find any fixed dates that apple would annouce a new iPod and a new iMac.

And none of us will until Apple releases the actual product but there are three events (2 of which are all Apple) that will be held in the next 3 months (1 every month) these are:

NECC - July 4th to the 7th -> http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2006/

WWDC - August 7th to the 11th -> http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Apple Expo in Paris - Sept. 12th to the 16th -> http://www.apple-expo.com/

Some things to be rumored to be released during these 3 months are:

new/updated iPods

new eMac

new Power Mac/Mac Pro

Mac Mini update/speed bump

MacBook Pro update/speed bump

iMac update/speed bump

New Cinema Displays

I think thats all on the harware side, anyways remember these are RUMORS so take them with a grain of salt but either way it should be an interesting 3 months.
  • Reply 5 of 48
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Darth_Apple

And none of us will until Apple releases the actual product but there are three events (2 of which are all Apple) that will be held in the next 3 months (1 every month) these are:

NECC - July 4th to the 7th -> http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2006/

WWDC - August 7th to the 11th -> http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Apple Expo in Paris - Sept. 12th to the 16th -> http://www.apple-expo.com/

You forgot SIGGRAPH!
  • Reply 6 of 48
    so anyone think the mini will get its speed bump in july??
  • Reply 7 of 48
    erikeneriken Posts: 9member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZachPruckowski

A new iMac will come sometime between late July and early to mid September. It will bring either Merom or Conroe processors. It will be dual-core, with 64-bit processors running between 2.0 and 2.4 GHz, and the same graphics card. [That's educated guessing] A new iPod could come anytime between now and October. It's sort of a guessing game based on new chip/tech availability and time since last refresh.

iMac needs a fat gfx card update so I can play Age of Conan!
  • Reply 8 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

You forgot SIGGRAPH!

Sorry heard of that one but I don't know anything about it and that includes the date... *Goes off to do research*
  • Reply 9 of 48
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    iMac needs Conroe and better graphics. I'll wait...
  • Reply 10 of 48
    westwest Posts: 34member
    It's unlikely a new iPod will come out during the free iPod promotion.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    mwswamimwswami Posts: 166member
    Quote:

Some things to be rumored to be released during these 3 months are:

new/updated iPods

new eMac

new Power Mac/Mac Pro

Mac Mini update/speed bump

MacBook Pro update/speed bump

iMac update/speed bump

New Cinema Displays

Add to the list:
    • new XServe

• updated XServe RAID

• possible a Conroe based Mac MiniTower

• Reply 12 of 48
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Sorry heard of that one but I don't know anything about it and that includes the date... *Goes off to do research*

It's like the week before WWDC this year, but Apple does have a presence there, and it's mostly a visual FX, animation, and a you name it of highend 3D companies, and movie houses. Mostly 3D geeks show up to check out all the new technology, and get insights into a better, and faster way to render, model, composite, and everything you can think of. Most of the papers that people read from ILM, and alike on things like Sub Surface Scattering, and alike were presented at SIGGRAPH. The same goes for every other paper like the introduction of Subdivision Surfaces. Things of that nature. It's a pretty high profile gig.
  • Reply 13 of 48
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

It's like the week before WWDC this year, but Apple does have a presence there, and it's mostly a visual FX, animation, and a you name it of highend 3D companies, and movie houses. Mostly 3D geeks show up to check out all the new technology, and get insights into a better, and faster way to render, model, composite, and everything you can think of. Most of the papers that people read from ILM, and alike on things like Sub Surface Scattering, and alike were presented at SIGGRAPH. The same goes for every other paper like the introduction of Subdivision Surfaces. Things of that nature. It's a pretty high profile gig.

Wonder how many sales Apple would make if they brought a few thousand boxed seats of Shake along to the trade show?

Hell, if they ran a Siggraph Special during-the-trade-show-only sale (say, US$250 a seat), they could probably move every copy they bring?
  • Reply 14 of 48
    Fireworks, setting Hobbits' feet on fire,

other forms of annoyance and pyromania

You are one VERY FUNNY HOBBIT

Gandalf the Semi-Coherent
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

iMac needs Conroe and better graphics. I'll wait...

Um, what?

The X1600's really good for a midrange. While I'd like to see an X1900 as an option, 99.9% of the target market for iMacs (which I'm assuming excludes you) doesn't give a shit.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

99.9% of the target market for iMacs (which I'm assuming excludes you) doesn't give a shit.

Yup.

Let's just hope that Apple doesn't reverse itself and begin using I.G. in the iMac
  • Reply 17 of 48
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    Yep, would be great to see an iMac update and Mac Mini, However, I can't see where they could go with the iMac at the moment, I think they will wait for the next generation chips - Merom. The core solo Mini needs to go though !!! - 1.6 and 1.8 dual core respectively.
  • Reply 18 of 48
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    The X1600 is a good card. All what I'd like to see would be the X1600XT or possibly an X1800XL option, but it doesn't need anymore power than that. Considering the MacBook Pro can play BattleField 2 at high settings with AA enabled at a high enough res, then the iMac can do just fine with the desktop version.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by mwswami

Add to the list:new XServe
    updated XServe RAID
    possible a Conroe based Mac MiniTower

Damn I forgot about the servers... what the hell did I smoke yesterday

Thanks for reminding me... I'm starting to lose my mind it must mean I'm getting old.. and I'm going to be 21 in about 3 weeks

Anyways...

Quote:

Ya I was reading about it yesterday, just never got around posting it, but thanks!!

Back on topic RUMORS:

Quote:

Product Pipeline timeframe? \t

LoopRumors has received some exclusive information on timeframe for Apple product releases. Although vague, our sources have told us that Apple will unveil a PowerMac replacement, the Mac Pro in August, with an education Mac expected around the same time. New iPods will debut at Apple Expo in Paris, and Leopard will be let out of the gate at MWSF.

Thanks to LoopRumors for the info http://www.looprumors.com/

I think that timeframe seems very likely since thats what pretty much everyone also thought, hope it's true
  • Reply 20 of 48
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Looprumors is NEVER right.

Apple may announce new Mac Pro's as early as next tuesday. August is way too late to make a PR splash.

D-Day is monday folks. Woodcrest is nigh. Apple may indeed wait until August but the response from the world at large will be "what took you so long"