Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

10.4.7. tonight

I hope so!
  • Reply 62 of 72
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Bring it on

• Reply 63 of 72
    Does anyone know if Quartz 2D Extreme will ever be supported? I turned it on by editing the /Library/Preferences/windowserver.plist but I cant figure out what it does \. It sounds nifty from all the reviews though .
  • Reply 64 of 72
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlackShadowWolf

Does anyone know if Quartz 2D Extreme will ever be supported? I turned it on by editing the /Library/Preferences/windowserver.plist but I cant figure out what it does \.

It starts holy wars on AI.com. That is exactly what Q2DE does.
  • Reply 65 of 72
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Heh. I forgot about Quartz 2D Extreme. Whatever

I fooled around with an iMac Core Duo 1.83ghz today briefly. It was teh snapptastic. You people with Intel Macs have ZERO argument about things being any more snappy. ZERO.
  • Reply 66 of 72
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Heh. I forgot about Quartz 2D Extreme. Whatever

I fooled around with an iMac Core Duo 1.83ghz today briefly. It was teh snapptastic. You people with Intel Macs have ZERO argument about things being any more snappy. ZERO.

MInus a few rosetta apps. I am very pleased with my both my Duo's.
  • Reply 67 of 72
    I'd like to see Adobe get off its A$$ and get us some universal binary flash plugins for Safari. I hate having to use it in Rosetta. What's the matter with those folks? Punching one character an hour for their code?
  • Reply 68 of 72
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brian Green

I'd like to see Adobe get off its A$$ and get us some universal binary flash plugins for Safari. I hate having to use it in Rosetta. What's the matter with those folks? Punching one character an hour for their code?

Er... All Intel Macs come with an Intel-native flash plugin.

For some reason it isn't downloadable from Adobe. So, if you've updated your flash, you've over-written the Intel-native flash with a PPC only flash. The Intel native version can be re-installed from your Apple Software Restore DVDs.
  • Reply 69 of 72
    Mr. H, how might one go about doing that (because that's precisely what happened) without reinstalling the entire OS from the software restore CDs?
  • Reply 70 of 72
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brian Green

Mr. H, how might one go about doing that (because that's precisely what happened) without reinstalling the entire OS from the software restore CDs?

1. Download and install pacifist.

2. Insert Apple's "Mac OS X Install Disk 1" that came with your computer.

3. Launch pacifist and click on "open package?"

4. Navigate to the folder "system" on the DVD.

5. There should be two folders inside, one labeled "installation", the other labeled "library". Select "installation", then "packages".

6. Select "Essentials.pkg".

7. In the list that appears, using the disclosure arrows, expand "Library" and then "Internet Plug-Ins".

8. Select (highlight) "Flash Player.plugin", then click the "install" button in the toolbar.
  • Reply 71 of 72
    Mr. H, Thank you for taking the time to help me with my Flash problem. Your instructions worked and I now can run Safari without Rosetta. I appreciate it.